Trad Talk Forums banner
101 - 120 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Sorry, but I forgot how much poundage you lose or gain when you drop to 19" riser.
Thanks. These may be a good fit on my titan III riser, 27" draw.
Dan

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
That's what I mean Jason, most of us bought used or from Alt for $325 or less and I don't think there are better limbs at that price but at the US original price of $475 that puts them head to head with the original Extremes, Winex and Expression etc. I think they out perform all those but not sure what others think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To be honest, if not for Alt Services I would have probably just bought another set of Winex limbs two years ago when I was setting up my target bow. The price difference was what got me to roll the dice. Once I started meeting people at IBO shoots I was surprised by how many folks used them.

·
Spearhead
3,668 Posts
I can't comment on ult pros, didn't pick any up...... Butttttt.....
Earlier someone posted why discontinue a good thing?
I've noticed lately SF will keep the same limb and give it new graphics. Why not do that with the ult pros?

Is it the latest and greatest type thing? I'm coming to realize I don't need $700-800 limbs, risers also, for my level of shooting. My equipment doesn't hold me back, I hold my equipment back.

What I've noticed on different limb combinations is construction, maple core and glass will change with weather conditions bad, I try to stay with maple carbon or carbon foam just for those reasons, minor weather changes aren't a huge problem, (for instance) when you go from mild 30-38 degree weather while hunting in the morning to low to mid 70's in the afternoon, my point of impact isn't going to change due to limb construction/materials.

I'm maturing as an archer and a hunter.

Ok rant over

Chad

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Has anyone tried Mybo,they have some new limbs at Alt.The graphics look nice.Glass & foam on one model and carbon added on second model there called Synergy limbs.The price is up my alley (im tight)but being I think new to the market I am a little hesitant.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Chad, I don't know if this is 100% fact but people in the know explained it this way to me. The ultamite pros and elite+ lines were discontinued by winwin because they felt that they were taking away too much sales from their mid to upper end limbs. Essentially you were getting a much better quality limb for to cheap of a price. Those elite+ limbs were one of he highest rated limbs out there but only survived a couple seasons. Winwin wants to keep SF limbs the entry grade stuff and the winwins the mid to the upper end side.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Chad, I don't know if this is 100% fact but people in the know explained it this way to me. The ultamite pros and elite+ lines were discontinued by winwin because they felt that they were taking away too much sales from their mid to upper end limbs. Essentially you were getting a much better quality limb for to cheap of a price. Those elite+ limbs were one of he highest rated limbs out there but only survived a couple seasons. Winwin wants to keep SF limbs the entry grade stuff and the winwins the mid to the upper end side.
John,

Assuming you are correct, is there an identical equivalent to the SF Ult Pro in the Current Win Win line up? I don't think there is. Why didn't they just rebrand the Ult Pro and put a Win Win sticker on it?

·
Registered
9,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
What was the difference between Elite and Elite+ then?

At this point, with $300 to spend I think I'm going to keep and eye out for used Ult Pro, Winnex or BF Extremes in 42# medium as I can't see any better value in new limbs out there.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts

At this point, with $300 to spend I think I'm going to keep and eye out for used Ult Pro, Winnex or BF Extremes in 42# medium as I can't see any better value in new limbs out there.

Why medium?
Dan

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,512 Posts
I think the Elite are rebadged carbon/foam going by what MartinO posted here before.

·
Registered
256 Posts
John,

Assuming you are correct, is there an identical equivalent to the SF Ult Pro in the Current Win Win line up? I don't think there is. Why didn't they just rebrand the Ult Pro and put a Win Win sticker on it?
I think they did it the other way round. The ultimate pro's are the old inno (before they became ex power)
limbs I believe.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Thanks Jon.
I am trying to decide if mediums or shorts would be best on my 19" riser at 27" draw. Two sets left in short. Also have line on extremes but they are a bit more cost.
Dan

·
Registered
9,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Thanks Jon.
I am trying to decide if mediums or shorts would be best on my 19" riser at 27" draw. Two sets left in short. Also have line on extremes but they are a bit more cost.
Dan
I'd go with Medium Dan. I can't get into the full working part if the limb on longs but medium seems perfect.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Dan.....I have pretty much always shot Shorts on my risers, whether they were 21 to 25 inch ....I've recently acquired a 27" Luxor riser, so with my short limbs the riser limb combos are approx. 68"....I am surprised how much better the longer bow feels....my buddy Booth came over and we mounted his medium XQ-1 limbs on my Spig VBS riser, and it shot really nice also....I'm in the process of trying to get my lost draw length back with the reduces, and it seems to me that the longer bows are a bit more forgiving, hold better, and draw a bit better...Maybe it's in my head, but that's o.k. too, since Archery is mostly mental once the basics are learned....supposedly, anyway!...:) .....Take Care.....J

·
ryan brodrick
2,137 Posts
Dan.....I have pretty much always shot Shorts on my risers, whether they were 21 to 25 inch ....I've recently acquired a 27" Luxor riser, so with my short limbs the riser limb combos are approx. 68"....I am surprised how much better the longer bow feels....my buddy Booth came over and we mounted his medium XQ-1 limbs on my Spig VBS riser, and it shot really nice also....I'm in the process of trying to get my lost draw length back with the reduces, and it seems to me that the longer bows are a bit more forgiving, hold better, and draw a bit better...Maybe it's in my head, but that's o.k. too, since Archery is mostly mental once the basics are learned....supposedly, anyway!...:) .....Take Care.....J
I think you meant to say "archery is mostly MONETARY, once the basics are learned". This is especially true when you've only shot like half the limbs and risers out there lol;). ..so many projects. Ha!

·
Premium Member
12,987 Posts
ttt for JPH aand possibly others.
Some good info in here on the 2 iterations of the WINEX limbs. LONG thread, some of the WINEX things are around post 67.

101 - 120 of 125 Posts