Trad Talk Forums banner
81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I'm assuming this is the honeyfoam? It states honeyfoam on the limbs.

These are the Winex limbs Stevelong gave to me and the ones he liked so much.

Sorry for the poor photo but I think you can make out the thin red lines.
I wish someone would give me some limbs? Med or short, 40# on a 19" riser @ 27".

No. Lol
Dan

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
I'm assuming this is the honeyfoam? It states honeyfoam on the limbs.

These are the Winex limbs Stevelong gave to me and the ones he liked so much.

Sorry for the poor photo but I think you can make out the thin red lines.
Yep that's them. It looks like lines because you see the foam between the honeycomb openings filled with glue. Pretty easy to spot. There probably are not a ton of the new ones out there because it would seem around the time they changed these limbs were "old models" and are now at least 3 gens behind as the top model W&W limbs.

That said, I definitely prefer them to the Inno and EX powers.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
And getting back to the OP. The next limbs on my wish list to try are I think the MK Korea 1440 or Mach 3 though Kayas are in the mix too.

·
finger shooter
3,463 Posts
Not sure how to decipher the fancy graphs. However my 2 sets of winex limbs on my draw board were just under 2 # per inch from 26-28.5 DL. From there it increased to 3.5 per inch through 30. That to me is stacking. Back to OP and limbs I look forward to reviews on other medium priced limbs that fit the Elite plus or Ult Pro performance

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
New Fivics Titan limbs are looking promising according to their literature. 3K carbon is extremely good stuff, I make stabs from it and it's extremely light for the strength.
They look to be <$400 stateside. Same price for wood or foam core.

-Grant

Reactions: Harpman

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
New Fivics Titan limbs are looking promising according to their literature. 3K carbon is extremely good stuff, I make stabs from it and it's extremely light for the strength.
They look to be <$400 stateside. Same price for wood or foam core.

-Grant
Looking at the Storm limbs they're pretty much identical constuction, just different logo and manufacturer

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
Not sure how to decipher the fancy graphs. However my 2 sets of winex limbs on my draw board were just under 2 # per inch from 26-28.5 DL. From there it increased to 3.5 per inch through 30. That to me is stacking. Back to OP and limbs I look forward to reviews on other medium priced limbs that fit the Elite plus or Ult Pro performance
Check the first derivative DFC (smoothness) graph, the second one.

You will see even at 30" they are still pulling only 2#/inch.

Sorry to the opening poster for the deviation of the thread!

·
Registered
996 Posts
This has been an interesting thread so far. But let me add a little twist to it. I agree the SF Ult Pros are excellent limbs, but is a limb of this quality needed to shoot indoors at 18m accurately? In other words, what low cost limbs would you all trust to shoot some good scores with at 18m?

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,512 Posts
This has been an interesting thread so far. But let me add a little twist to it. I agree the SF Ult Pros are excellent limbs, but is a limb of this quality needed to shoot indoors at 18m accurately? In other words, what low cost limbs would you all trust to shoot some good scores with at 18m?
Any of them. I think the archer varies more than the limbs.

·
Registered
9,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
I think we forget sometimes that Ult Pro were selling for $475 in Lancaster last year so for comparison I guess we look in the $350 to $500 range. They were the bomb at $275 but were they at $475?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,987 Posts
JON, the first ones were.
LAMB & I traded an early set back & forth a few times, and they were even better - faster, still smooth - than the later ones.
I had several sets of them at 40-longs.
later ones paled, compared to the first set.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
As Aiden posted, most limbs will serve at this distance. For me, it is also a "feel" thing, smoothness of the draw, and performance, but also reaction after the shot. Some limbs have more hand shock and vibration than others. I realize bow set up and tuning can be a factor too. After shooting a well behaved set of limbs, it makes a guy kindof fussy.

Reactions: aroadik

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I think we forget sometimes that Ult Pro were selling for $475 in Lancaster last year so for comparison I guess we look in the $350 to $500 range. They were the bomb at $275 but were they at $475?

I bought mine from Alt Services. If I remember correctly, they were less than $325 delivered.

·
8,512 Posts
Alt still have a few 66" Ult Pro's available on sale around the 38/40# area. I checked last night but could have it wrong.

I think I saw some Samick Masters of about the same spec available too.

Reactions: twobows

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Aidan, most were taken off the list when I ordered them. They had them listed and contacted there distributer after I ordered them. Two days later told me they were officially sold out. :). I did that with the 46# longs, 44# longs, 40# longs and 36# mediums. Lol

·
8,512 Posts
John, in the two limbs I bothered to check last night there were only 1 or 2 pairs of limbs left. What was noticeable is that they were shorts and around 40#. Now it may be if someone were to ask they'd be gone too but I thought I'd mention it in case that poundage range and size suited someone.

Just checked:

Ult Pro's: 66" 36# and 66" 40# €227

Samick Extreme BF: 66" 38# and 66" 46# €276

Winex limbs are on sale too. I wonder if they're being taken off the market? €364

Samick Masters Max: 30,32,34,40,42# All 66" €379

·
Registered
9,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
I bought mine from Alt Services. If I remember correctly, they were less than $325 delivered.
That's what I mean Jason, most of us bought used or from Alt for $325 or less and I don't think there are better limbs at that price but at the US original price of $475 that puts them head to head with the original Extremes, Winex and Expression etc. I think they out perform all those but not sure what others think.

81 - 100 of 125 Posts