Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I opened up a thread for some used limbs, and boy were they ugly. Coyote ugly in fact. It got me thinking, what are the ugliest limbs I have ever seen. Excluding home made camo jobs, the ugliest limbs in my book, are the original Sebastian Flute limbs with the almost unrecognizable abstract picture of an archer. The picture would not be so bad if you could actually tell it was an archer without looking at it sideways and squinting, and then having someone tell you it is an archer. So what are some of the ugliest limbs you have seen? And just to be fair, what are some of the best looking limbs. I am talking vendor provided, out of box. Not custom jobs, like the pink butterfly or Texas Pig limbs that Border made -- sorry, Sid. I like simpler limbs, with nothing on the upper limb facing the archer. This generally means older, more simple limb designs. Paint it white, or silver, or brown (for you Sid), and put a simple logo on it, and I am happy (Sid, you already know I like the plaid). An example is the old PSE Carbon limbs. Can't get much simpler than that. Older Hoyt limbs also fall in that category, like the Gold Medalist limbs.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
My old Hoyt has Nishizawa carbonwood limbs that were used by the Japan Oly team in 1972,then given to my father inlaw .
Their the old Hoyt cream white in color,but I have them shinny black done not very well.
Because I didn't want to paint over the original logo on the limbs,I wrapped Blue duct tape over them.
So the limbs are now scratched up shinny black with duct tape holding them togeather.
And in the right hands the bow will out shoot anybody.

I'll put some pic's of it in my album when she gets home.

John.

·
Registered
641 Posts
"Advertising signs they con
You into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done
That can win what’s never been won
Meantime life outside goes on
All around you"

~ Bob Dylan

. . . I always wonder how much I am paying for the graphics over and above what I am actually paying for, that is, a desired level of performance. It's a neat trick, getting every customer to pay a surcharge out of his/her own pocket to billboard your product.

Regards,

Salskov

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Graphics are decoration and have nothing to do with the art, science and beauty of limbs. Ugly limbs to me are poorly designed and crafted. No kinks or straight lines. Limbs should have smooth curves at rest, at brace, and when drawn. Truly beautiful limbs have a lightness and power that is felt with every shot.

Rasyad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts