Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These bows will be part of the live auction held Saturday night, February 7th, after the banquet.

This first bow was found by a UBM member at a gun shop in St. Peters. It is a Wilson Brothers Black Widow model TF target bow. BW records show that this bow was originally shipped to Archer's Haven on July 22, 1965. If you aren't a collector but still want a piece of history, this bow would make a great starter for any youngster with its low pull weight of 25 pounds. It is a right-handed bow.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This next bow is being donated by the Archery Hall of Fame in Springfield, MO. It is a Hoyt Pro Medalist Hunter circa 1966-69. It came from the estate of Missourians, Earl and Ann Hoyt. It is 62" long and pulls 43#@28". This right-handed bow has a riser made of rosewood.

Bid loud and bid often!

Darren

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jason, you were at the Festival a few years ago. Come on by! We would love to see you and take your money:D

The AHOF curator, Kurt Surber, said that Hoyt bow looks brand new. There is a little shelf wear like it was used as a showroom demo but otherwise it is immaculate.

Darren

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One of our members has been in contact with the Hoyt family and has learned a little bit more about that bow. It is a hunting bow, not a target bow, and it was made in 1966. It was the 166th production bow of that particular line.

I am told that these bows originally came with two anodized aluminum stabilizers. I am in the process of finding out if AHOF has those stabilizers to go with the bow.

Darren

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Jason, you were at the Festival a few years ago. Come on by! We would love to see you and take your money:D

Darren
Darren,

I would love to make it out again. I have been around a lot of bowhunters in my life, but never a group so fine as the ones I met at the UBM Festival.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I may have some of those stabilizers that I would be happy to donate. Will report back later this weekend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts