Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shooting a BB Warf, 37lbs., 41lbs. at my 29.5" draw. Been shooting it about a month with GT35/55 3x5'' fletch with pretty good results. I ordered some CE 2040's full length because I thought the 35/55's were a little stiff even with 145 gr points, and I wanted something a little lighter.

Beautiful day yesterday, 2040's werent fletched yet so I glued an insert in and put on a 100 gr field point and tried one bareshaft at 10yds. Got consistant 4" right of aiming point with nock way left. I was pretty surprised by this because I thought that indicatded weak spine, and I was expecting stiff with the 100 gr points.

I wanted to do some shooting with the nice weather, so I shot a practice indoor round with the GT's and shot 234, witch is pretty good for me, only the third round I've scored, and I played with string walking a little in the middle of it for a few ends, as you guys have planted that seed.

SO I Went back to the bare shaft, lowered brace hieght, same result, reduced preload, again no change. Forgot to mention I also added a Hoyt Super rest, so I put a bolt in the plunger hole with velcro on the end to serve as a plunger, and ran it out as far as I could keeping the arrow on the rest, still weak. Adjusted it in in increaments, and couldnt see any differance in any position. I tried it at 20 yds, and the thing went sideways and missed the bag target by 6". I dont have a lot of experiance bare shafting, but its my understanding impact right, nock left, indicates weak spine. I fletched a couple last night to try, but haven't had a chance yet.

I was pretty happy with my shooting yesterday, and I hate to think my form/release is that bad. Am I thinking backwards on this? Any ideas?

·
Bart Harmeling
3,384 Posts
the 2040's are .600 spine I believe. Shooting them full length will dynamically weaken the spine even more. You can trim the length to increase the dynamic spine, or use less point weight.

Go to the 3River site and use the spine calculator to play with your numbers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go to the 3River site and use the spine calculator to play with your numbers.[/QUOTE]

By the calculator they are about 10lbs overspined. I must have another issue other than spine I think. I can't cut them with my draw, and 100 gr is the lightest point I have. I think I'll try bare shafting the 35/55's and see what that looks like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts