Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there is a sticky or a link to this subject that has already been discussed, please share it. I have looked around and couldnt find it.

So I'm brand new to Stringwalking and really enjoying it. My question is in relation to arrow spine and crawl. Do you tune your bow and arrow combo for a specific yardage and then compensate in your aim for shorter or longer distance where your spine may be weak or stiff? For example, when bareshaft tuning, my arrows fly pretty straight when my finger is against the nock or I guess my "point on" hold. But when I come down to a 10-15yard crawl, the arrow is pretty stiff and hits about 6" left of my aim point. Do you monkey with plunger tension shot to shot or just compensate left and right with the hold or.....?

I hope this makes sense and I appreciate your input. If it matters, my setup is SpigBB, 38# long Ult Pro, Gold Tip Entrada 600 full length with 100grn tip. And my draw is 29.5-30ish with a point on hold but probly only 28ish when down under a 20yd crawl. Hope this all makes sense. Still learning. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
I adjust the spring tension to compensate most of the time. Some of the limbs today that have stiffer tips like the arrow more center shot. I don't know what it is about that but I don't have to fiddle the spring tension near as much today

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sam, I hope not. How does one test for that? Im shooting even tiller right now and it shoots really nice when I shoot split or 3 under touching the nock.

Thanks for the link Nuthatch and thank you Rusty for you thoughts.

·
赛
614 Posts
Has anyone ever thought of mismatched limbs?:sbrug:
I have, more than a few times. Both from the aspect of two lengths of limbs of the same draw weight (say long/medium @ xx lbs) and from the aspect of limbs of the same length but different poundage. Or maybe even both variables. Could find absolutely zero info about such a setup on the net.

(At my present point in the learning curve an experiment of that sort is waaaay down the line.)

Regards,

Salskov

1 - 7 of 7 Posts