Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of weight gain should I expect with putting TT longbow limbs on a proline warf? Trying to stay in low 40# area but no more than 45#. Any suggestion on brace height would be great also.

Thanks

·
Registered
199 Posts
They gain approximately twenty on a Proline, according to Sam. I strung a set of 60# TT longbow limbs on my Proline warf and it was crazy trying to just get it strung. I got it done, but shooting it was tough on the shoulder. That Proline brings a lot of preload to the table. James

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
I've had several sets of TT longbow limbs and I'd say they are descent limbs. In my experience, they "like" some risers better than others. When I tried them on my Proline they noodled horribly. If that were my only experience with the limbs I would say they were worthless. I used them on a MiniMag and a Dorado with very good results. They also worked well on a Black Onyx and a Pinnacle riser as would be expected.:2cents:

Reactions: ChadMR82

·
Registered
654 Posts
Mike,
What changes with riser? is it the limb pad angle, the amount of reflex/deflex in the riser? length of riser? limbs in question? BH expectations? Preload of limbs?

I have had really good luck with my (limited experience) Centaur limbs (Med) and a 21" Hoyt Excel with a normal longbow BH (well under 7"), without noodle-ing... but that is to my very untrained hand/eye/mind.

Have a great day,
Kasey

·
Registered
199 Posts
It seemed like a lot to me too. Sam told me that they would gain about 12# on a 25" riser, but to expect about 20# on the Proline. It was ridiculously heavy. I had shot them on a Winstar II and they were heavy, but manageable...not so on the Proline, and like Mike said, they noodled so badly, that they wanted to throw the string...stretched the pee-wally out of the string, too!
I'd recommend some recurve limbs for the Proline and make a longbow warf out of a BB or something more laid back,( less preload). James

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Mike,
What changes with riser? is it the limb pad angle, the amount of reflex/deflex in the riser? length of riser? limbs in question? BH expectations? Preload of limbs?

I have had really good luck with my (limited experience) Centaur limbs (Med) and a 21" Hoyt Excel with a normal longbow BH (well under 7"), without noodle-ing... but that is to my very untrained hand/eye/mind.

Have a great day,
Kasey
It's been a while and I didn't take notes. The MM and Dorado have limb pad angles closer to 19 deg and a little more deflex than the Proline. Pro line is a few inches [email protected]". MiniMag is about 18" and Dorado is 19". Limbs are the wood/glass, I had brace height around 7 5/8" with preloaded a couple turns out. Dorado was bolted down. Poundage came close to rated, maybe a little over. The string laid pretty close to the limb tips, so I put a strip of Velcro to muffle the slap.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,759 Posts
I have tried my TT longbow limbs on a 25 inch Hoyt Gold Medalist riser. They were really noodly. 25 inches is the shortest that I have. I figure I am just going to have to wait for someone to want to sell a left handed Pinnacle II riser or a Warf that will work. I am a bit worried about a 64 inch bow with my draw length.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.