Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!!
I intend to buy TradTech BlackMax Carbon short limbs, and put them on Hoyt GM 2 riser, but i cant figure which limb weight should i take. I need it to be 62" long and 40-42lbs on 21" riser.
Please help.

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
From my experience, you'll need short 40# limbs. If you order new limbs from Lancaster, you could ask John Wert to check the weight on a GM riser before shipping the limbs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response! lancaster will not ship to my country, i will get them from other place.
So you suggest 40 lbs short limbs rated on 17" riser, and it should be 40 lbs on 21" GM2, right? How smooth to draw are BM Carbon limbs, would you suggest me to get 45lbs?
I am asking because my Hoyt limbs are 40 lbs and I feel that this weight is just right for me, but i can draw heavyer limbs if they are smooth enough. I draw 28" exactly.
Are there any alignment problems with those limbs on GM2 riser?

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
All my TradTech BlackMax limbs weigh within a pound or two of what they're rated on my GameMaster II and Dorado risers at AMO 28".

If your limbs and riser are straight and true, you will have no alignment issues.

I assume you already know you will have to change the bushings in the limbs to fit your GameMaster II riser.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts