Trad Talk Forums banner

Trouble fitting Win&Win limb onto my Best Moon??

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Sid 
#1 ·
Ok so a set of minty Win&Win XQ-1's are now in my hands thanks to Willem. I'm having an issue fitting them to my Best Moon. The cut out slots are tight but fit ok, and the 'bottom' limb slips into place fine, but for some reason when I try and attach the 'top' limb it won't go in place all the way, like it still has a good 1/16 to almost 1/8" to go. It's like the dovetail won't go in all the way. The nipples on the dovetails don't seem to have excessive tension. I have tried inserting either limb in the top of the riser and they both do it. I never had this issue on the set of Black Max limbs I had on the riser. Those actually installed way easier. Help!!??

#3 ·
Yeah I had a suspicion I'd have to do that. What's weird is I can slip the cutouts over the limb bolts top and bottom just fine without sliding the dovetails in, though they are snug. As soon as I try and slide the dovetails in only the bottom limb wants to go in all the way. I will start with the sanding and keep my fingers crossed.

#4 ·
SOme have suggested taking the guts out of the ILF fittings, they don't do much to help fit
Remove spring and "PIN" and try fit again
ALso can try some lube such as Vaseline or white Lithium grease in a q-tip application

Reactions: nineworlds9
#5 ·
Thanks for the tips guys.

Hey Steve--

I think these XQ-1's might be Gen1's? The bottom of the limbs has a noticeable concave/curved cross section that reminds me of an ACS bow. Willem thought they were Gen2's but now I'm wondering???

#6 ·
I think they would have changed graphics when going away from gen1 to gen 2.
From what "the guys" had to say mine are gen1s with graphics as in my pics - concave as you said - and the SYNERGY verbage on the limb.

Attachments

#7 ·
Steve,
Here's what mine look like:

In person the curve looks more pronounced but I think it shows up in the pic, unless I'm MC Escher its curved and NOT straight:

#8 ·
Ok, so I took a really sharp file and very very carefully filed away a tiny bit inside the flat parts of the butt cutouts. Now the limbs slip onto the Moon limbolts nicely, and you can feel the dovetails ram home and the nipples click into the detents. BUT, it still seems like not enough limb is in the pocket, OR am I nuts and its fine?? Study these pics of the bow strung:

As you can see the fulcrum point/ends of the butts are basically inline with the axis of the limb bolt. This seems like it would be fine but I swear my other limbs fit deeper. Even the ghost marks of where Willem had these mounted before seems to say that. I guess its fine? You can now feel the dovetails ram home so I don't know what else I'd be able to do. Is this whole issue because I have the limb bolts full out? Tell me its ok?

#11 ·
Yeah I bought my Moon 2nd hand w/ no manual or anything so I don't know for certain what's considered proper range? In that pic the bolts are 5 turns out from bottomed out..?

#12 ·
our experince is that hoyt make the slot 11mm which leaves dowels in the limbs at 10.98.
w&w kit seems to be that the dowel in the limb is 11mm. meaning that the slot is 11.02mm
so one way gives a little movent while the other way is a little tight.
thats been our expereince so far. but we could be wrong.
its not much. just enough to be tight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.