Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Somebody suggested on here that spraying foot powder on the tab string side surface would tell you how close to trim one. I tried that but string swept all of it off, even though I think I've still got some leather to give. Is it whatever is not in contact with your fingertips after the deep hook? Is it less distance than that? We're talking about three under Bateman and Safari Tuff tabs, in my case. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
798 Posts
My tabs quickly make a string indention that is easy to see with only 30+ shots. Then I cut 3/8 longer. Edit, I shoot from my finger tips, might better hear from the deep hook guys. It's likely different

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Hook on the way you always do…Come to anchor and check out how it feels. If there's excessive tab leather you'll feel it on your face. As for how much to cut, well, it's a lot easier to cut two or three times in trimming off excessive leather, than it is to try and put it back on… Kinda like "measure twice, cut once". The pen markings in the blackmambaarchery link is the right idea. All the best.

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts