Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bart Harmeling
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a little 18" York riser. A little too much reflex and limb pad angle, but it sure looks like an easy fit to Sage limbs. The problem is I would need to trim the Sage limb butt about 1/8" to clear the top of the limb pocket. Would trimming compromise the integrity of the limb?

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Nope! Start the cut through the glass with a fine coping saw and finish it with a backing clamp on the bottom with very gentle even strokes. I usually mill the ends off at medium speed on the milling machine with a four flute end mill.Cool riser,,

·
赛
614 Posts
Nuthatch -

I trim sage - and anything else needs it - with my Woodman's Pal. Just the right tool for the job . . .

Ok. Assuming you are talking bolt down, I would look at the o.c. dimension of the limb bolt hole from the butt of the limb. If it were me doing it, I'd be getting mighty nervous at anything less than 3/4", and I'd be super careful not to fracture the laminate.

Regards,

Salskov

Reactions: Nuthatch

·
Pete
5,610 Posts
Hard to tell from the pic, but alter the riser instead....maybe ?

·
Bart Harmeling
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dagnabit Pete! Now you've got me thinking. Easier isn't always the best. If I fire up my Dremel and remove the partition at the top of the pocket then not only would the limb fit, there would also be more pad to support the limb. I'm thinking it would be wise to fill the voids where the rockers were too. Good idea, or not.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Fire up the Dremel Bart!:D:luck:

·
Pete
5,610 Posts
:sbrug: figured the riser will take it more than the limbs. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts