Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or maybe even a zero level class - I know nothing about trail cams but would really like to set one out on an elk water hole and see what happens. What I would like to find out (without buying several first) is what to look for in a camera. What brands/models seem to work best. And what do you get at different price points? A few things I would like to have in a camera are small and light size. These will be used in the mountains and getting set up is a big effort. AA batteries would be a plus - all of my flashlights, gps etc are AA and it would be nice to not have to carry an additional battery size. SD card - so I can use my camera for a viewer. Any advise appreciated.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
I'd suggest looking at this link, Cabela's assortment of cams. Look at ratings and read a few customer comments. I like the Bushnell cameras but they are not inexpensive. Watch sales at your local stores, Dick's Sporting and at Cabela's on-line 'bargain cave.'

The Bushnells use AA batteries and give good battery life. SD cards are cheap on-line, I wouldn't use more than a 2 or 4 GB card, they'll hold a thousand pictures even at the high resolution settings

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/browse/_/N-1100176?WTz_l=SBC;MMcat104791680

1 - 2 of 2 Posts