Trad Talk Forums banner

Tradtech's RC Extremes; Your opinions

13K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  Demmer 
#1 ·
Just got sad news from Bob Morrison today. I had a pair of Max4 limbs on order and he just informed me that at this time he could not supply them because for the time being his source isn't making them for him. So, I must go to a different option for my 17" Satori riser. I don't want to wait another 3 months to order Borders limbs so I'm thinking about Tradtech's RC Extremes with the foam core. Anyone have experience with this limb now being built by Win & Win for Tradtech. How might it differ from Win & Win's Winex limb, the write up seems very similar? They also offer this limb with a wood core, will the wood perform better (power and speed) while the foam will be smoother drawing? Any other limb suggestions? I'm not too interested in Uukhas.

#13 ·
Ok... Ill bite on this since nobody else has. You like lateral play? I thought limbs were supposed to be vertically rigid/stable? Cmon John break this down for us.

Im digging my RC woods. Decent speed with some lateral play (which I love). Shot my best practice marked firelds rounds with them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Am I correct in assuming the wood core RC limbs might have a little better performance than the foam core? Or is it just a "feel" difference? These limbs will be used for hunting, I'm 64 years old and come November in northern Wisconsin I'm starting to have problems drawing a stiff bow after 3 hours in a tree stand. I have the Black Wolf wood and carbon limbs and last November I had to turn down the weight. Now it maybe the Black Wolf limbs are stiffer pulling than most...at least it seems so to me. But then again I'm getting old...damn! If the foam core is a little smoother pulling I might opt for that option.

#17 ·
Am I correct in assuming the wood core RC limbs might have a little better performance than the foam core?
The RC Extreme @ $499 with the foam core should be faster than the RC Wood @ $399... but I expect we're talking about 2-3fps. This will be due to the limbs being simply lower mass, but both limbs are high performance compared to the entry level Wood/Glass.

Hard to talk about smoothness without seeing a draw force curve and even then they look like greek to most of us :)

I think it somewhat depends on what you like.... I like quiet and low post shot feedback. In my limited experience, foam cores tend to have more feedback, especially if you tend to grip the bow lightly (which I do) and are not as quiet as a wood core (if that matters to you.)

So for my purposes, I'm ok with RC Woods, and save $100 for the sake of 2-3fps and increased quietness.

#11 ·
I got a set of Dryad maple core and am loving them on my target bow. My Dryad carbons are on my 3d/hunting bow and are great. They are all Dryad RCTs. I like them better than my Borders.

#16 ·
I'm shopping for RC Extreme and RC Wood limbs too... haven't shot either but from what I've been able to gather...

The RC Extreme is very likely the W&W RCX-100 limb. It's fast but has characteristic carbon-foam popping sound and the limbs apparently have more "feedback."

The RC Wood is very likely the same W&W Black Wolf Carbon/Wood limb you mentioned. From a few folks I've heard they say they're quiet and fast (enough.)

I was actually going to get some RCX-100 on closeout, but decided that I'll get the RC Wood when they come into stock.

If Border hadn't raised prices on the CV-series I'd probably just order another set!

#18 ·
I bet there is not a hecka-lot difference between the WNS Carbon Alfa's and these limbs. I seen some killer scores indoor and out with those old clunky SF Carbons. That and the Carbon alfa's you can get 2lb increments. If you don't like graphics, strip them, rattle can your fav color and spray them clear over.
Would not surprised they may RCX's with black carbon.

#20 ·
Another thought, the Zipper limbs. Three Rivers handles them but there is a wait. I as well have been "dreaming " about a set of those "hook" limbs. I was was looking at Bob's limbs as well. They look so right on his ILF riser which I like as well. That riser appeals to me as it "clean", not as busy as others.

#21 ·
Take wood over foam every time but im not chasing speed.
I have always like the forgiveness with a limb tip that is a little squishy. The arrow flight is generally good even with breaks in form and are not magnified as much off POA seems to me. Starts with poor uneven footing in woods all way up thru fingers.
Prolly never be good enough to shoot foam cores well. Ive tried, lord knows.

Reactions: GREENCB
#22 ·
If wood and foam are both available in an otherwise identical limb I'll take the wood. I certainly won't pay more for foam.

I'm unsure whether the TT limbs are the same other than core material though.

#23 ·
Ok, I shot the RC woods and the foam today. The woods scaled in at 41# and the foams were 42.4ish. I shot a 316 grain arrow 195fps out of the woods and 198fps out of the foams. When I added 10 grains to the arrow to match up the same grains per pound, the foams shot 195fps. All shots were executed through a clicker.

#26 ·
Thanks John. Yes I'm also curious as to draw sensation (smoothness) and after shot feed back on wood vs. foam. I talked to John Wert at Lancaster the other day about the RC woods and the RC foams. He told me the RC woods are the identical limbs as the Black Wolf limbs. I already own a set of Black Wolf limbs and in my opinion these are the stiffest pulling limbs I have ever owned. They are a great performing limb, no doubt.

#27 ·
I don't do draw curves because I don't really care how a limbs draw cycle is. I do know on my 27" I gained about 1.6# from 28" to 29". Only reason I did that was because I wanted to know that was what my back anchor was holding. When I get an identical string made, I'll run them both side by side and judge the feel.

#28 ·
What are the benefits of a foam core limb besides a couple fps and that they're not as affected by temperature? I'm thinking about the RC extremes as my next set too. Are they actually lighter in mass weight than the carbons? I know they would feel different but I'm not really sure what they are applicable for if that makes sense?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.