Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first archery deer last night with a samick sage and have a titan 3 ilf riser ordered and am looking to get some nice limbs to go with it …. Any of you guys use these limbs? If so, what are your thoughts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Everyone seems very happy with them. I think they may be rcx100 rebranded. Read the best ilf limb thread and you will find more info also on the trading blanket are jason Miller's winex....you cant go wrong and a great seller

·
Premium Member
12,650 Posts
if you got on archerytlk and saw some TT RC carbon woods for sale, LIMBWALKER calls them a great limb, and he was in the Olympics in 2004......so he knows limbs.....

Reactions: Josh111

·
Registered
925 Posts
There a guy that has Gen1 TT carbon wood in classifieds right now.. 140$, bet you anything you can’t shoot the difference between those and RCs

Don't bet without adding the parameters of the game. Further away the target is, bigger the difference between the two will be. Nobody wants to hold above the target at 50m - that's the 10fps difference between the two - and the guy who's decent shot will shoot the difference and will take your money or whatever you bet on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't bet without adding the parameters of the game. Further away the target is, bigger the difference between the two will be. Nobody wants to hold above the target at 50m - that's the 10fps difference between the two - and the guy who's decent shot will shoot the difference and will take your money or whatever you bet on.
lol luckily I’m not going to be shooting 50 m … just hunting and shooting for fun … mostly out to 20 yds

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
It's TRUE what draven says. What parameters? Those samicks are a proven hunting limb. I bet they will be quieter and more durable to being bumped around than the Rc limbs. Buy the samicks and the winex and then you've paid less than the Rc and have two great sets of limbs. But get the rc anyway when you find a deal. Iovespending other peoples money!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sounds like you are new to traditional like myself.
I just bought a new to me set of Tradtech Blackmax 2.0 in 40# coming from the same limb in 35#
I can't justify the cost of a higher end limb when I'm still learning and working on my form. At hunting ranges (20 yards) I don't think I could tell the difference between a $150 limb and a $800 limb.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I know I can’t shoot the difference between budget limbs and the top-of-the line. But I very much prefer the way a bow balances with lighter weight limbs. That means getting rid of the fiberglass and moving up from the budget limbs that still shoot fine.

·
Registered
147 Posts
You might not be able to see a difference in accuracy comparing limb to limb. But it is likely that the upper end limbs (like the Winex or rc carbons) are going to be more enjoyable to shoot, and therefore probably equate to more practice time. At least, thats what I find. Decent cross carbon limbs are worth more than limbs with a layer of carbon in my book.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
There is actually LOT of difference (besides price) between the TT Blackmax Carbon Wood and TT RC Wood.
I have owned both. The Blackmax Carbon woods are not much different to the standard Blackmax wood/glass - so I generally recommend most folks to save their money. The Blackmax Wood/Glass are good limbs - well priced, and reasonably quiet and decent speed.

The RC Wood steps it up significantly. Yes they are faster (by several fps like 5-10fps) but on my setups (Titan III, Tempest 19") - they are dead quiet and stop without any vibration in the hand. I have tried a LOT of limbs... I'm no Olympian but I can tell the difference between post shot vibration and dead thump.

The question is - does any of that matter to you? If not, just buy the TT Blackmax Wood/Glass and be happy. Spend the extra $200 you saved on dinner with the wife :)

The RC Wood is my favorite series of limb. Proven construction, fast (but not Border Hex fast), dead quiet/no shock (which is the opposite of Hex limbs in my experience.)

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you care to find out, I have a set of lightly used 40# Mediums for sale. I have them listed for sale here and other forums. Message me if you are interested.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Well the “parameters” where kinda set already.. new guy graduating from a Sage to a Titan and looking to get a set of carbon/wood limbs that where smooth on the skinny…140$ For an almost new set sounds pretty skinny to me… and if he is an average shooter, that has been shooting a couple months? then he can’t shoot the difference at 20 yards….and even if there was a difference, it wouldn’t matter to the deer..it would be smoked either way..

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
My winex, 40# mediums were shooting 226fps with 400 grain arrow on a wf21..so probably 45 lbs max(I dont trust my scale but scale said 43). I didn't get a chance to shoot my hunting arrows through it. So for me. I would be buying the winex if they were the specs I wanted over RC since Jason's pair is available. But I have no doubt the are a great limb. There is also a pair of xq-1 on AT which are the precursors to winex and great limbs 44# longs if that us more what you were looking for. Dang lots of good limbs for sale right now...I like used, no cost to own if they don't work out

·
Premium Member
12,650 Posts
the Win & WIn xq-1s are awesome limbs, I had several sets of both generations of them.
I got a great old set of WW Everest Pros lately from the blanket ads, forerunners to the XQ-1s. Thanks Sipsey River

Reactions: metalanton

·
Registered
25 Posts
What are thoughts on the RC Wood versus the RC Extreme limbs. I have been eyeing both of these Tradtech limbs, not sure if the Extremes are worth the extra cost. Also been loooking at the Uukha line, gobi's and selenga's but have seen some negative feedback on both so am leaning towards the Tradtechs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What are thoughts on the RC Wood versus the RC Extreme limbs. I have been eyeing both of these Tradtech limbs, not sure if the Extremes are worth the extra cost. Also been loooking at the Uukha line, gobi's and selenga's but have seen some negative feedback on both so am leaning towards the Tradtechs.
Same thing I’ve seen with the Uukha which is making me shy away from them

·
Premium Member
12,650 Posts
I can't say on the current run of Extremes, I only have experience with the OLDER Tradtech Extreme BF limbs which were made by Samick.
I think in the last 3-4 years Win & Win are mking the Trdtech line of limbs. GOOD by all I have read on them.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sanlida, Buck Trail and Mybo all have cross carbon "traditional" limb offerings in the mid $200 range, probably the best value limbs out right now. A little above that is the w&w black wolf, which if I'm not mistaken is a black matte version of the old rapido or maybe Winex limb.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts