Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting a D shpe when strung longbow and some wood arrows. bows I am looking at a one piece around 37-38# what brand of bows meets the requirements for this class for the shoots. Thanks Cecil

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
What organization? You talking Trad class or Longbow class?
Trad is almost anything goes for most organizations, but Longbow is a bit more restrictive.

-Grant

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to shoot the longbow class. I am interested in shooting the IBO and maybe some more. not sure which shoots i will be able to shoot. just dont wont to buy a bow and find out i cannot enter and shoot it.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Lots of bows meet the requirements. What sort of budget are you working with? You looking for something like a Hill bow or a more tournament oriented bow?

-Grant

·
Registered
411 Posts
Cecil, I'm no expert, but take a look at the IBO rules, page 18: http://ibo.net/pdf/2014/IBO RULES 2014.pdf

One or two piece longbow and wood arrows can shoot that class. I am having a 68" one piece long bow (the Dingo) made by Stalker Bows to shoot STRD class next year. Not the longbow class. But, I like the bow because it has a riser like a recurve and therefore is more in line with what I have been shooting. But, if you want a "real longbow," there are apparently many great ones. If I were shooting that class, I would call Dave Wallace, a stunning shooter, and all the chatter is that is bows are spectacular.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Cecil, All of the 21st Century longbows are IBO legal...Basically any longbow that the string doesn't lay on the back of the limb like a recurve.

Dewayne

·
Super Moderator
2,771 Posts
Cecil,
Any longbow that makes the D profile will be acceptable at nearly any event in the US. About any one or two piece longbow with reflex/deflex limbs will also be acceptable at IBO events. NFAA has gone hog wild and about any one, two or three piece bow on which the string does not touch the limb will qualify, even with an Olympic recurve riser.The Texas Longbow Championship requires very close to the Howard Hill design. - lbg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts