Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calvin and I were spewing this morning over all this LB BS...and we were thinking out loud (which can be dangerous at times) if the LB rules can get totally changed to benefit????? Then why can't we get a Trad division in Vegas??.

I'm all on board to shoot Vegas in 2015 either way BUT if they can change LB rules on a whim then why can't we petition the NFAA for our own class??

I think I heard Alan Eagleton say last year there almost 20 recurve shooters in Vegas last year in BB.

I believe with the renewed interest in indoors I believe we could easily get 25-30 shooters the first year.

What do you think??

Dewayne Martin

·
finger shooter
3,439 Posts
Dewayne I am all for it. In fact a member (deadeye) petitioned (not sure if correct word here) to get us a "trad" class in Vegas a couple of years ago. We had a super strong showing in Louisville, which people noticed that year, over 30+ in the senior division and another 20+ in the adult. That was taken to the council and it went no where. My own assumption is that the powers that be do not want to lose us from the barebow championship flight which struggles to have 30 participants which last year included a majority of recurves. If we had our own flight then the BB championship might go away. I realistically think we could be larger than the BB championship flight and could pull the magical number of 30 that I keep hearing is needed.

Would one of the more knowledgeable people such as Gary care to explain the WAF being a separate entity from the NFAA.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ren, how I look at things if the majority of the BB class is Trad thenit should be the trad class with Trad rules...to me it would be hard to have a BB Shootout with less than 30% BB shooters.

How can we petition the NFAA to make this happen?? Is it something that can only take place at the Vegas shoot??

With the participation we had in Louisville should have opened some eyes.

Dewayne

Reactions: rsarns

·
finger shooter
3,439 Posts
I think they are afraid that if we do this, it will kill the compound barebow class quickly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
That is very true. I think that is why we got so little backing a few years ago. If you look at the list of shooters the last few years, close to half or last year over half were recurves. Also I know several people who decided to shoot in the Recurve (Olympic style) class with their BB recurves instead of against compounds.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
The WAF is controlled by Bruce Cull and a few hand picked Counsel members. If you think they are worried about losing Barebow get over it. They don't give a rats patootie about bearbow.its about numbers and cash period. Your best bet is to get in Bruce's face and the others and plead your case. Get your petition with names and addresses and then call them. And I don't mean just one of you I mean all of you. Email and call until they are fed up with you . Then call some more !! Give them facts and no mater what don't give in. Like Cal said talkin about it here won't solve a thing. Just look at the NFAA longbow post 12pages of Arguing about Rens arrowrest and fancy riser. What have you got? Build an army and the will listen.
Gary

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think they are afraid that if we do this, it will kill the compound barebow class quickly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
If 60% of the class is recurve shooters then BB will be dead in a few years anyhow....how about the BB shooters find a class to shoot in just like we have to now.

Dewayne

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The WAF is controlled by Bruce Cull and a few hand picked Counsel members. If you think they are worried about losing Barebow get over it. They don't give a rats patootie about bearbow.its about numbers and cash period. Your best bet is to get in Bruce's face and the others and plead your case. Get your petition with names and addresses and then call them. And I don't mean just one of you I mean all of you. Email and call until they are fed up with you . Then call some more !! Give them facts and no mater what don't give in. Like Cal said talkin about it here won't solve a thing. Just look at the NFAA longbow post 12pages of Arguing about Rens arrowrest and fancy riser. What have you got? Build an army and the will listen.
Gary
Well, that's what we need to do...Gary is the numbers and emails of Bruce and the counsel on the NFAA website??if not where may I find it??

Thanks

Dewayne Martin

·
Spearhead
3,565 Posts
Ok devils advocate.
Once you get a trad class (thinking NFAA trad) 12" stab so on, then your going to get all the other trad groups pissed because you don't have a class for them.

Then you have the numbers game just like Gary says it's not the class, it's all about $$ period. Then you get the people that sign a petition saying yes they will support the class but not show, that looks bad on us.
No not singling out or pointing fingers here. Just what I've noticed locally and in other states.

Does Bruce cull shoot a bow? Honest question, I don't know

Chad

·
Registered
67 Posts
Right now, in BB, there are as many Recurves as Compounds at Vegas. A large percentage of the compounders shoot both. There was a discussion about a Recurve class at the last Vegas. I was under the impression the Vegas rules committee happened in June. Saying all that, I think the powers that be are comfortable with status quo. I'm sure Stark is also.

·
finger shooter
3,439 Posts
Right now, in BB, there are as many Recurves as Compounds at Vegas. A large percentage of the compounders shoot both. There was a discussion about a Recurve class at the last Vegas. I was under the impression the Vegas rules committee happened in June. Saying all that, I think the powers that be are comfortable with status quo. I'm sure Stark is also.
Stark is now shooting FS and turned Senior pro. He said he is going to give that a year and see how he does. I am sure he is going to fare well there also.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.