Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Except one. The thing shoot wooden arrows like a champ. I have a split finger, wooden arrow side to me. One 66" Kodiak Special 40 @ 28" and I spent many years shooting arrow after arrow.

sid Sr and Mike Westvang are both good friends of mine. I try to keep their stuff in different compartments.... till yesterday.

I have been shooting Dryad's ACS RC on a 23" alloy riser. I really like the way the thing shoots. ooooooppp guess what? My favorite all time wooden arrow riser is a wonderful 23" ilf Black Douglas. Sid had the window cut just for my wooden arrow shooting style. I just kept wondering how thus ACS RC would shoot my wooden riser.....

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I put them on. String I got strung them at 7&1/4". The dash board lights did not even come on. Flabby. 8" the dash light click on. You could hear the fuel pump winding up. 8&3/8" I heard the super charger click in. :)

I was shooting at like 12 yards. Things started click in. My old groove came back and the bow was putting the right down it.

I had a special gap for 30 yards back in the days. I put a coke can I had been using for a sling shot target up. Backed off 30 yards, felt good.

It was :)

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if this is fair to Sid or Mike but this is why I insist on paying full price for everything. :)

It is fair to me. Great job guys and great shooter for my style :highfive:

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Love it Rusty!! If it makes you feel good....then I say it is right and your bowyer friends will be happy for you I'm sure.
Maybe you have just created a business opportunity for both outfits. They could start touting how well their components work together :) All thanks to you Rusty!! :) LOL!!!
BTW, good shooting as usual!!!

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It was not a fluke. 4 more arrows at 17 right. I called the low one. Felt my bow arm drop. Not as bad as I thought.

The riser is cut so that a29" 11/32" will be 1" to the left of the string. That seems be my natural cant. Clears the view of thtarget a littbut keeps the string and bow involved with the shot.

Some bows are natural shooters I think. The less you aim the more it counts if the bow fits natural. It seem like I would get busy and find out what the natural feel really is. I know it when I shoot it but I don't know it intellectually

Anyway this is one of them. You have not seen the last of it :)

·
Pete
5,610 Posts
Good stuff Rusty. Very innovative, outside the box, which is why I watch your posts with interest. ;)
Now, what is it ? recurve, long-thing, hybrid, your discovery, your call. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.