Trad Talk Forums banner

Titan vs Morrison maybe Dalaa too

4K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  SHTF 
#1 ·
Good Evening Ladies and Gents,

I've pretty much moved away from my wood std takedown risered bows to metal. The advantages are just too great....for me anyway.

I'm looking for opinions one the mentioned risers and was wondering if you could only have one which would it be.

Right now I'm leaning toward the DAS/Dalaa system because for a hunting bow it just seems more secure system of limb mounting. I know Morrison is now offering that too.

All comments welcomed. Thanks!:cheers

#8 ·
Ilf is a little more convenient, however it is also a bit harder to make quiet as a hunting bow, das biws are easier to make quiet, but sometimes require a bit of fitting, all three risers mentioned are good solid risers.
That being said I have a das gen l, a das gen ll, a das prototype, a das brownie, and a 19 inch morrison wood riser that is ilf but will probably get converted

#9 ·
however it is also a bit harder to make quiet as a hunting bow, das biws are easier to make quiet, but sometimes require a bit of fitting, all three risers mentioned are good solid risers.
not to sure if you have tried to make the Titan 2 or 3 quiet. I have owned both and currently own two Titan 2's. they are whisper quiet once tuned correctly.
I have owned several wood takedowns and prefer the mass and tenability of the titan 2.
also the customer service from Lancaster Archery is top class.

#10 ·
fffford-chevy-dodge comes to mind, here.
I gots zero TITAN experience but think I could own one & like it well enough.
I have an old Dalaa and it's a keeper.
I have had Morrisons and they were ALL GOOD too.

#19 ·
Sherwood, first consider what you are going to do with it , plinking around and hunting is one thing, 3d shoots another, dont know about California, but some states (alabama and texas to name two) do not allow a raised rest and require you to shoot off the shelf, IBO required some classes to be off the shelf and they are specific to the type and thickness of the material you use

#21 ·
Building up a shelf is easy and done by everybody that uses a 23-25" riser, so don't let that persuade you. The Titan is softer looking where as the Das is more straight edged, and the Morrison is sharp crisp edges. The Titan is very pleasing to the eye, but that is subjective. I rarely swap limbs once I have a riser/limb combo sorted out. I find my ilf stuff is fairly quiet, and my formula hoyt buffalo is my quietist bow. Don't rule out the Bernadini mamba, likely better then the 3 mentioned, but more inline with Sky in terms of pricing.

Reactions: graysquirrel
#22 ·
If you're willing to change bushings as needed, and you favor the DAS connection system, go for it.

I own and enjoy a Morrison, if I were looking for a new one I'd consider his DAS model. But the ILF connection works fine. I shot mine off the shelf with a plunger, but finally switched to an elevated rest. Just a bit cleaner release, but that might be my head playing with my mind ;-) Bob is first-rate to deal with.

#23 ·
When I went to metal risers I went with Morrison and soooo glad I did. I love it.
Even got my wife one. I got the black max limbs with it the riser and just now talked to Bob about getting some new Max2 limbs. My bow with the black max limbs are smooth and quiet. I never cared for the looks of the Das or The Titan and I'm partial to Bob. I've owned three Morrisons so far and this is my favorite.

#24 ·
Titan 3 just got it and am completely loving it.

Cant speak for the other never owned it. Titan 3 is the smoothest recurve Ive ever shot and easy to tune. Changed to Feather Rest and its shooting Lights out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.