Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening Ladies and Gents,

I've pretty much moved away from my wood std takedown risered bows to metal. The advantages are just too great....for me anyway.

I'm looking for opinions one the mentioned risers and was wondering if you could only have one which would it be.

Right now I'm leaning toward the DAS/Dalaa system because for a hunting bow it just seems more secure system of limb mounting. I know Morrison is now offering that too.

All comments welcomed. Thanks!:cheers

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Ilf is a little more convenient, however it is also a bit harder to make quiet as a hunting bow, das biws are easier to make quiet, but sometimes require a bit of fitting, all three risers mentioned are good solid risers.
That being said I have a das gen l, a das gen ll, a das prototype, a das brownie, and a 19 inch morrison wood riser that is ilf but will probably get converted

·
Registered
14 Posts
however it is also a bit harder to make quiet as a hunting bow, das biws are easier to make quiet, but sometimes require a bit of fitting, all three risers mentioned are good solid risers.
not to sure if you have tried to make the Titan 2 or 3 quiet. I have owned both and currently own two Titan 2's. they are whisper quiet once tuned correctly.
I have owned several wood takedowns and prefer the mass and tenability of the titan 2.
also the customer service from Lancaster Archery is top class.

·
Premium Member
12,822 Posts
fffford-chevy-dodge comes to mind, here.
I gots zero TITAN experience but think I could own one & like it well enough.
I have an old Dalaa and it's a keeper.
I have had Morrisons and they were ALL GOOD too.

·
Bart Harmeling
3,551 Posts
Sherwood, Selfish perhaps, but I'd like to see you go with one of Morrison's 19"/DAS connection risers. I'm thinking that way too, so it would be an interesting review to see how it works for you.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
not to sure if you have tried to make the Titan 2 or 3 quiet. I have owned both and currently own two Titan 2's. they are whisper quiet once tuned correctly.
I have owned several wood takedowns and prefer the mass and tenability of the titan 2.
also the customer service from Lancaster Archery is top class.
I have, and it is doable, but than again the das set up is easier, plus you have a proper raised shelf on the das for use if you want to shoot off the shelf. The titan folkes forgot to copy that part :)

Reactions: A.S. and Steve

·
Banned
548 Posts
I have, and it is doable, but than again the das set up is easier, plus you have a proper raised shelf on the das for use if you want to shoot off the shelf. The titan folkes forgot to copy that part
The radius shelf protrusion is one reason why I would not pick the DAS.

Different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Sherwood, first consider what you are going to do with it , plinking around and hunting is one thing, 3d shoots another, dont know about California, but some states (alabama and texas to name two) do not allow a raised rest and require you to shoot off the shelf, IBO required some classes to be off the shelf and they are specific to the type and thickness of the material you use

1 - 20 of 24 Posts