Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A long and borring video I made. I bought a Hoyt Dorado few days back to be my bowfishing bow, but also I wanted it to be a hunting bow in case I needed it.
So that is bow #3 of my collection and the last one as I have found what I wanted all this years in those 3 bows.
Like most of us I had heard that the stock limbs of the Dorado are crappy so I wanted to compare them side by side with some fancier limbs.
Bow specs were:
Titan2 Bfextremes 50#@27, 60" amo, 7" brace height, 8strand SBD string
Hoyt Dorado, 49.3#@27 , 60"amo, 7" brace height, unknown string
408 grain arrow.

If you stick around for part 2 of that video, I am putting trhrough the chrony my third bow, a Dorado riser with Border Hex5 limbs., 53#@27

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You can skip the first min of the video..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the test. I have a dorado with 3 set of limbs. Standard 50 lb is what the bow comes with. I bought TTBM carbon extreme 45lb (44.5 measured) and 50lb (52.5) TT Extreme BF. All my measurement is done at 28".
My draw length is the same as you at around 27". I made my own 14 strand flemish string on all my setup.
This gives me a good enough comparison of what speed to expect from my setup since I do not have a chrony.

I love my dorado setup so far, I was thinking of buying another dorado riser or a tradtech titan II riser to complete my collection.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey netbug, I love my Titan 2 but if I had the money right now I would buy the Titan3 with short ILF limbs

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking heavier riser( due to those extra 2 inches).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.