Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL, The Titan 3 advertises being able to install a weight in the lower half of the riser. In place of the weight is the logo and compass. Being the courious person that I am, I pulled both logo and compass out today to see how the weight system would work. LOL, It is not built that way. It is only recessed enough for the logo and compass. Wonder why they don't correct the "full description"?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PODUCT DESCRIPTION
• 2nd generation of ultimate in performance, accuracy & versatility
• 19" Titan II has three unique broadhead chamfer cutouts
• Accepts all ILF recurve & longbow limbs for a 60", 62" or 64" bow
• 100% Designed & made in the USA by olympic recurve experts
• CNC machined of solid billet 6061 T6 aircraft aluminum
• Enclosed limb pockets with even more structural rigidity
• 1 to 10% weight adjustablity up from base weight
• Easy tiller adjustment for split or three fingers under
• 8-32 lateral limb adjustment allow perfection with any ILF limb
• ATA threaded holes for bow quiver, sight, stabilizer, plunger, etc.
MAS mass adjust system option for adding weights in logo hole

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• 2nd 5/16"-24 plunger/rest mount hole for wrap around rests
• Smooth radius under grip for shooting "super skinny" on riser
• PWS - pocket weight system option - can add up to 2 oz. of mass
weight in each limb pocket to customize balance point
• Modular shelf radius(MSR) system option - bolts into plunger hole
forming a narrow, low shelf radius and true center shot
• Choose from RH or LH model in stealth matte black
• Medium custom walnut grip

·
Premium Member
12,786 Posts
SYLVAN, thanks, that is useful, I don't have a TITAN, but that's cool.

·
finger shooter
3,439 Posts
The shelf radius kit and the weight kit have never been available that I have ever seen for the Titan III. Sure would be nice to have the shelf kit. That said I really like mine and it does make a nice rig with my longbow limbs.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Love my Titan 3. Thinking about getting it Dipped in Kryptek Highlander great shooter.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The shelf kit has been listed as an option as long as the riser has been listed. If there is no intention of manufacturing one it should be removed from the feature list instead of continuing to advertise it.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
If there was enough interest I could do a run of those weight kits fairly easily, I've done something similar for the Best Moon in the past.

The shelf would also be possible but substantially more work to reproduce in volume. Likely I'd use something along the lines of UHMPE (delrin) rather than aluminium.

-Grant

·
Registered
41 Posts
hard to describe what i am picturing, but it would be nice if the radius shelf looked as though it was machined directly into the riser. it could fasten in via the berger hole and the starting point of the base would match the dimensions of the stock base so that it looked like the following

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
You can shoot them off of the shelf with the use of a furniture pad. I use one for both rug and strike plate and it works well.
So far as the riser weights, you can add them in the pockets located under the limb butts.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.