Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just perfected my time travel machine, and I'm planning on inviting archers from the past to shoot a York target round. The great Horace Ford, The legends Howard Hill, and Maurice and Will Thompson have all accepted their invitations........
....so..... who else should be on the guest list and who do you think will walk away with the glittering prize?
As much as it pains me to say it.. I think Mr. Hill is the front runner because of his ability to adapt to differing situations. But who would you invite to this event and who would you put your money on and for what reasons?

...it's a delicious thought isn't it...

·
Registered
978 Posts
Art Young and Saxton Pope, Gilman" Keasy" {not sure of the spelling. There are a bunch of ole timers who shot York and American Rounds, I'd have to look them all up. Can you take me and some walkie talkies back in time. I'd like to see if Sitting Bull and Geronimo has any use for them. :)

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good choice there Donk....
so.. the target list so far is...
Gents....
Horace Ford
Howard Hill
Art Young
Saxton Pope
Will Thompson
Maurice Thompson
Gilman Keasy
Ladies....
Queenie Newall

·
Registered
339 Posts
Phil,
Not many bites. I'm surprised. I get car sick, so I can only imagine what a time machine would do to me, hmmmmmmm. Or maybe it could be I don't know that much about individuals in archery since I'm an old newbie to this stick flingin' thing.

·
Super Moderator
7,978 Posts
ken wilhelm would have to be there! he not only did fancy trick shooting but also won the us national target archery championships around the 1940s.
there are a lot of people that think he was a better shot than hill.
phil, there is a copy of a vcr in north woodchester, stroud,glos. at pete days home. he has entertained his local club with it a few times.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
.thanks Larry..

so.. the target list so far is...
Gents....

Horace Ford
Howard Hill
Art Young
Saxton Pope
Will Thompson
Maurice Thompson
Gilman Keasy
Ken Wilhelm

Ladies....
Queenie Newall

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.