TradTalk Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
starting with a solid backstop...

I had my home built in 1989 and in 1990 I built my archery target house that held up for 30+ years but time and weather had finally gotten the best of it and it was time for demolition and replacement... I was just going to hang some stall mats on our chain-link fence as a replacement but my wife said it would look too ghetto and inside I knew she was right so it was time to get busy designing buying pressure-treated lumber stainless steel 6 inch carriage bolts and coated deck screws and I think it was a better choice and here’s to another 30 years of happy shooting! :

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looking good! I need to clean up and rearrange my shooting area as well. I will probably just be ghetto and use a stall mat hung on the back of my shed for a backstop.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Looks good buddy. I like how you utilized that foam block for a support system to fasten your backer boards.

Good Shooting->->->->Craig

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Looks well built. You a lucky man to have a place to setup a backstop. Afraid my neighbors would freak out plus it’s against the homeowners rules. By the way, what bow is that you were shooting?

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,461 Posts
Moving them would be harder than lifting Atlas stones if they were rocks. I have a big chunk of Styrofoam under my target as well.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Looking good
Another very cost effective option is an archery net as an arrow stopper. For heavy bows I put 2 nets separated by 4” (using same posts)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I picked up a rubber horse stall mat about that size. At least when I hit it the arrows can bounce off if the distance is far enough and they pull out relatively easy. Also very weather proof.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts