Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise what is the over and under limbs difference between the tiller while firing three fingers below. Bow is W & W RCX 17

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
You can look up the tiller sections in the "Classics" section for a good read. Like JParanee, even tiller for 3 under and 1/8"positive for split finger, (top limb distance greater than bottom), generally works for me.
Like most things in archery, you may need a little fine tuning to get the optimum setup for you.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
A lot depends on grip shape, hand pressure and also whether you are shooting off the shelf or rest.
Personally I like 0 to slightly negative.

-Grant

·
Super Moderator
2,644 Posts
Standard in the past was more like 1/4" positive, which works for me. What works smoothest is individual, depending upon such things as finger pressure and relative strength of the two limbs. Smooth, quiet and vibration free is the goal. Your bow will tell you. - lbg

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Tiller is zero. Tiller is zero. Tiller is zero (did I say tiller was zero?) actually not me, but Mr. Sosa and a boatload of others did

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Never had an adjustable tiller bow since I started shooting three under,,just how ever they came from the factory.

I found shifting my nock point quite high sorted the noise level increase on my bows.

I guess that had a similar effect to adjusting tiller at the bow.

John.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts