Discussion Starter #1
Can you suggest what the tillering should be for shooting 3 fingers under
Also where should the nocking point be
I have a Hoyt Buffalo and can adjust the tillering
Thanks

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Tiller should be dead even period., that is unless you enjoy handshock.

But that aint just me, thats Sosa himself and a host of others

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Good straight limbs and riser will usually shoot good at even tiller. Almost all my Bows tune for what I do even tiller and 3.8's above with carbon arrows off the shelf.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
==========
Hello All

X2
I quiet agree.
======

Reason posted the question above about a arrow rest. Having any effect on tiller.
At this time I'm even tiller and nocked level with the arrow launcher rest. [ Later

·
Registered
854 Posts
How does that work if you shoot of the shelf and if you shoot from an elevated rest.How can that remain the same??

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Depends on grip shape, rest height and how you place the pressure with your bow hand.

For me when stringwalking I like a negative tiller of about 1/4". That gives me the best hold, quietest shot (relative) and least riser movement during the draw. Generally with a lower wrist position I need more negative.
Shooting just straight 3under I like zero or a touch negative if using a lower wrist.
Only time I've preffered positive was shooting split fingered.

-Grant

·
Registered
854 Posts
I meant that I can understand even tiller when shooting of the shelf.But when you shoot from an elevated rest shouldn't the tiller change?(for 3 under)

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
With my dorado which was not adjustable I had to place my nock point a half inch above square to get acceptable sound quality.
The bow actually shot no different 3 under or split.
With the Titan I have the tiller set even and I have my nock point 1/8 high.
I was quite surprised that the Titan is quieter than the Dorado was with all sorts of silencing devices on it even though all I have in the way of silencers on the Titan is a couple of wool fluffys on the string.
Once I get my limbsavers and S coil stabiliser on board, the Titan will probably be the quietest recurve I've even owned.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Unbelievable![/

if a search of the archives was done, especially Sosa,s comments on tiller, perhaps it might shed a different point of view. I know old time bow makers seemed to think 3 under required a much weaker top limb. Result was a lot of bows that were loud and had a lot of handshock. Even tiller on ilf type limbs result in quieter function and eliminates handshock

Plus there are a host of others using even tiller who are darn good shooters, this is the first mention of 1/2 difference. Think I will go with something that doesnt produce handshock or noise

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
I meant that I can understand even tiller when shooting of the shelf.But when you shoot from an elevated rest shouldn't the tiller change?(for 3 under)
Has never been the case for me. Bear weatherests tune the same with even tiller three under on my rigs. I bareshaft tune for nock height and am not a super Tournament archer either, just an American *******.:cheers:

·
Registered
16 Posts
After much trial and error this is how my Buffalo shoots best for me ... (3 under)
Even tiller
3/8" nock point
8 " Brace height
2 cat whiskers
Start their and fine tune as you go ! Hope that helps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts