Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I haven't been on in a while but I have a question- I like to tie(serve) on 2 nocks and shoot 3 under. My question is my lower nocking point keeps screwing down the string upon shooting and then becoming useless at its job. What can I do to stop this? Thanks

· Pete
5,613 Posts
I have found super glue penetrates thru to serving and becomes "permanent" I now use fletchtite and noc can be adjusted. Downside is fletchtite takes 30+min to dry.

· Registered
5,657 Posts
If the nock is unscrewing down the serving, it tells me that your tab placement may be either on the lower nock point or too tight against it. As the string slips free, the tab is grabbing and rotating the lower nock point. When placing your tab on the string, try placing it slightly below the nock and slide it up the serving until the edge just contacts the nock.

A dab of fletchtite or clear nail polish will help lock in the tied-on nock if it's tied too loose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.