Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
It doesn't eat my strings...or my nose.... up and I can move it one turn or ten in the field with no tools.

·
赛
614 Posts
Much better string Feng Shui. :cool:

Quieter, too.

Regards,

Salskov

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts
It doesn't eat my strings...or my nose.... up and I can move it one turn or ten in the field with no tools.
I could not have said it better myself

There in no better tool to micro tune

When I tune a bow I keep shooting a bareshaft with my fletched shafts and play with it till its perfect

Two tied on nocks for me

·
Registered
106 Posts
Rick Barbee has a video demo of an efficient and adjustable tie-on nock.

I use a non-adjustable because I don't want it to move. It's simply a series of overhand knots alternating on either side of the string about eight times moving neatly up the string, tied off with a square knot, and the tags melted and tapped down. I use serving material for the tie-on, and use a wastefully long strand so I can grab it well in my fists and really tighten each knot down as I go.

Low-tech and mindless (like me!) yet works like a charm and stays put over quite the long haul.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Ive been using electricians tape and this stuff is awesome. I cut about 1.25" and it goes on and stays and works great. I can move it in 2 seconds. The downside, its cold to room temperature right now and come summer I have yet to see this type of tape not get gooie. As for tie on I have experienced good and bad. The over hand knots work well for not moving, but if you get over zelous at tying them tight you can damage the serving. Ive used several different moveable type knots, liking the Rick B one the best. However I have had issue with the bottom one turning as it slides off the tab. I suppose a dab of glue would lock it in place, but would that affect the serving? Did I mention how cool that tape is? :D

·
Barebow recurve
944 Posts
Inexpensive, simple, adjustable, and aesthetically pleasing. Also does not damage tabs, gloves, skin, etc., and is unlikely to harm you even if it came off and hit you in the eye.

The best knot I have found thus far (including ease of tying) is a simple series of overhand knots on alternating sides of the string.

·
Barebow recurve
944 Posts
BTW, I have tried the whip knot and found that it slips too easily. I have only had consistent success with the alternating overhand knots.

·
Bart Harmeling
3,384 Posts
Inexpensive, simple, adjustable, and aesthetically pleasing. Also does not damage tabs, gloves, skin, etc., and is unlikely to harm you even if it came off and hit you in the eye.

The best knot I have found thus far (including ease of tying) is a simple series of overhand knots on alternating sides of the string.
That's what I do to. I've tried several other knots, but this is a very simple knot that does the job.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts