Trad Talk Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Registered
6,743 Posts
Dan...When I look at the riser in your 1st pic it seems to be of a very reflexed profile and then your brackets seem to compensate for the reflex riser bringing the limb rockers right back into a somewhat normal deflex profile bow configuration where they are close to inline with the grips throat making some very abnormal appearing components appear quite normal to me (as evidenced by the shadow cast on the ground) where one cancels out the other.

· Registered
3,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Dan...When I look at the riser in your 1st pic it seems to be of a very reflexed profile and then your brackets seem to compensate for the reflex riser bringing the limb rockers right back into a somewhat normal deflex profile bow configuration where they are close to inline with the grips throat making some very abnormal appearing components appear quite normal to me (as evidenced by the shadow cast on the ground) where one cancels out the other.
Bill the riser it self is straight, with a deep cut out. With a reverse limb pockets set back. I debated on that part and built different versions until I settle on this around 2.5 inch deflex and 8" BH, 38.4 lb.
Fluid Wood Gas Bottle Tool

· Registered
1,958 Posts
Did you make the riser or is that a old PSE compound riser?
What is the physical weight?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder😵🤐
Is it easy to switch limbs?
Just thinking if you took it to a big shoot where it could be in the hands of someone interested ( it MIGHT sell ).
It could be the next best thing to sliced bread.

· Registered
3,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
One other feature that you may want to highlight in your marketing is that it can also be retrofitted with wheels! May I suggest "Transformer" for a name? Or maybe "Millennial" since it can be any kind of bow the owner feels like on any given day? Sorry, Dan, just kidding around.
Lol.
Dave the original idea was eccentric pipe. The first mockup was solvent bonded polycarbonate boxs. The second was .250" inch 6061 aluminum.
Harpman call it my frankenbow. Back when we both shot compound fingers.

· Registered
3,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Did you make the riser or is that a old PSE compound riser?
What is the physical weight?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder😵🤐
Is it easy to switch limbs?
Just thinking if you took it to a big shoot where it could be in the hands of someone interested ( it MIGHT sell ).
It could be the next best thing to sliced bread.
For convenience I did use part of a compound riser. But not PSE. I have several that I could of retrofitted. This one made things a little move difficult because of the very large window cut out. Which was desired for the fall-away/shoot-thru rest. Broadhead and 5" fetching clearance, as well as mount. Pretty strong too. Plus 80lb draw weight. Compound finger days, over 280 fps.
It's, 1.78 lbs heavier than my triple carbon Borders pictured above. Doesn't feel heavy at full draw. Because it's balance and weight forward.

· Registered
381 Posts
Lazarev has produced very well renowned ilf bows tgis way
Second this thought, although Lazarev did not put limbs as far back as this design. A sad note, Lazarev died in last few months. I had just decided to purchase one of his risers, rather than build my own frankenbow. While trying to contact him I discovered the sad news. He was a young fellow, and clearly had a bright future in archery. Folks who used his gear were extremely positive on results. He was a kind fellow in the few comms he and I had. See his work at Lazarev. Instinctive and barebow risers

Kudos for putting this neat design together! Lots of hard work and thought reflected in your build. I personally enjoy shooting limbs mounted further back on risers, this takes that idea to the extremes.

· Registered
3,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Second this thought, although Lazarev did not put limbs as far back as this design. A sad note, Lazarev died in last few months. I had just decided to purchase one of his risers, rather than build my own frankenbow. While trying to contact him I discovered the sad news. He was a young fellow, and clearly had a bright future in archery. Folks who used his gear were extremely positive on results. He was a kind fellow in the few comms he and I had. See his work at Lazarev. Instinctive and barebow risers

Kudos for putting this neat design together! Lots of hard work and thought reflected in your build. I personally enjoy shooting limbs mounted further back on risers, this takes that idea to the extremes.
Pipcount thanks!
Sad news indeed and a great lost. His design stemmed around a fixed reversed slotted pocket on a wood riser with eccentric limb Bolt.

· Registered
3,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

Over 17 years ago.
Sorry but I’ve done this before although quite crudely but functional to test out the idea.

In no way compares to Lazarev’s work.
Todd, like I said above, I had something like yours and Larzarev's in my first version. Thanks
For posting.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts