Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. The YouTube site doesn't look very active. Last video was posted 10 months ago. Video format does not seem a good fit for the kind of data he had posted on thetradlab.com, which was truly a treasure trove of data on longbows, recurves and ILF limbs. There was nowhere else with such a sizable database of speed and loudness data from which an archer could meaningful compare different bows and products.

If the site does not come back, it will be missed.

· Premium Member
14,604 Posts
TONS of work keeping things updated, LOT of time & money invested. for minimal return. got to love it to keep it going. just my opinion.

· Civil but Disobedient
10,910 Posts
Speaking as someone who has done a lot of bow testing, I can attest to the fact that it is a very time-consuming activity.

Also, acquiring gear to test adds to the testing time.

I keep thinking about setting up a website, but that adds on to the work that needs to be done. This is where sites like Youtube and Facebook can make it easier.

Hopefully, we will see more. They do excellent work.

· Spearhead
4,200 Posts
Check on fakebook, he has it there.
After our clubs online web sight subscription expired, the domain wanted $300 a month to update and promote. That’s crazy.
we dropped the web page and been using fakebook.
it’s been serving us well

Chad

· Registered
395 Posts
Well, Cody also just released an online course through the push about tuning and what to look for. Looks pretty in depth, I've never really had a hard time getting a stickbow tuned and I'm still interested in the course just for some of the other info on there. Seems that no-one loves that stuff enough to do it for free (me included). Monetization is key, and I hope that this option works out for him.

· Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check on fakebook, he has it there.
After our clubs online web sight subscription expired, the domain wanted $300 a month to update and promote. That’s crazy.
we dropped the web page and been using fakebook.
it’s been serving us well

Chad
Thanks, Chad. I just took a look at his Facebook and didn't see all that data. Could you point it out to me?

· Premium Member
2,572 Posts
This is from his Facebook page:
Top fan
All of your testing on The Push... Is that part of the information that is free on YouTube from them or having to join a membership? Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/profile.ph...JPZJt1BKrSYQCltqMBvI3j1muo8V84&[B]tn[/B]=R]-R
Author
TradLab
There are free studies performed and covered on Several Podcast. The push has most of them and I have done a few for StickBow Chronicles and Kifarucast.
The tuning series is on the Push Archery PACK for sale.
Bow reviews have been free for the last 3 years. I am moving them over to the Pack and they will have a subscription
Broadhead reviews will follow the same format.
I post free analysis on Instagram and Facebook as well.

· Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't see the bow/limb speed and quietness database mentioned anywhere in those Facebook posts. Videos, Facebook, Instagram and podcasts are not good formats for data presentation, in my opinion. thetradlab.com was a great site, because it was a well-organized database of easily comparable data. The data means very little if it's not comparable. Obviously, he can do whatever he wants with his work.

· Registered
290 Posts
I run a German language archery web forum for roughly $170 per year.
The previous guy said it cost 3k a year. No way.
I don't understand people posting stuff on fakebook. They can cancel you anytime.
Pretty hard to get canceled on your own domain and webspace.
I manage our archery club webpage as well.
About $25 a year for domain.
Free hosting.
Simplicity is king.
Informative text, a few pictures and downloadable .pdf datasheets.
Monetization sucks and makes everything worse.

· Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I run a German language archery web forum for roughly $170 per year.
The previous guy said it cost 3k a year. No way.
I don't understand people posting stuff on fakebook. They can cancel you anytime.
Pretty hard to get canceled on your own domain and webspace.
I manage our archery club webpage as well.
About $25 a year for domain.
Free hosting.
Simplicity is king.
Informative text, a few pictures and downloadable .pdf datasheets.
Monetization sucks and makes everything worse.

· Registered
290 Posts
The data was good, but of particular interest were the high performing ILF limbs. Mostly the speed, the noise and the DFC. That was about it.
Interesting was the sound testing and it showed for example that the Uukha limbs are almost longbow quiet.
A fact I can attest to, just having put on new SX+ 48# shorts onto my 13" Dryad riser. Just with acrylic wool wrapped string ends (where they slap onto the limbs), one could barely hear that bow with a 10gpp arrow. Will get some mini-silencers and will be longbow+ quiet, super compact package for the treestand.
Overall weight without bowquiver of 828 grams, 480 in the riser, makes this a joy to carry.
Time to make an overview table with the data and scientifically correctly cite the data source. There is much more data out there.
Forums like this are the correct place to store this data.

· Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm surprised that Cody shut down the site. It was well-designed to host the type of data he had there. It was also unique - nowhere else could you find data like that. I would have thought a better move would be to just put links on that site leading to his other projects and ventures, maybe with some affiliate links and ads. Very puzzling.

· Premium Member
14,604 Posts
it's always easy to armchair qb someone else's choices. I could offer classes on it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts