Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
She is old and crabby but she is mine. Made a spoon bolt out of a piece of 5061 and glassed her with JB weld.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Now she is floated,,,,,,,need to go shoot it now. I shot it in original configuration with the original sights and she did 3 shots in 2 inches from the bench at 100. Any bets on what she shoots now?

·
Premium Member
12,110 Posts
no bets, no guesses, but let us know how it shoots.
Bedding is huge, I will hazard it will do under an inch now, trigger & bore will limit it some, maybe you smoothed both of those out too?
It looks great, by the way.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Hags bore is shiney bright and sharp. The trigger is now just under 4 pounds and an overtravel screw in the mix,,3 3/4 with plenty of sear engagement at the top to make sure for the thumb spin safety. Gonna stick a wire look on the cocking piece one of these days,,,,,,will shoot her soon.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Love the bolt handle mod - looks very Mannlicher! That's actually a very good round, although a strange rim - I've seen these shoot quite well, but never an inch which probably had as much to do with the shooter as the gun. The reds fielded a lot of these as sniper rifles so they must have had some good potential for match conditioning, and I doubt their armorers had your skills and knowledge or even JB - LOL. The gun does apparently do very well in all environmental conditions, too. I'm interested in the results you get from those improvements - good luck!

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Well, Sam, she may not be beautiful but I'll bet you're going to get at least 1.5" groups out of her with the bedding and trigger over-travel screw installed. That's a very distinctive bolt handle job.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Beautiful rifle. I bought me one at Christmas. I dont want to modify it though. I'm a big WWII buff. It take away the history to me. :/ mine was made in late 42 at the Izhevsk Armory

1 - 9 of 9 Posts