Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been married to my best friend and the mother of my boys for 13 years today! It ain't much but it's a start. Stay tuned for another 30 or 40 yrs. and we'll have something to brag about!

·
Just call me Mike
1,046 Posts
LOL. Its a real nice feeling when you know you've got it so good, isnt it? Kinda makes you feel bad for those guys who complain bout their home lives, huh?

BTW. That looks to be a beautiful setting to raise a family. Any minnies in that creek?

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The creek is all but dried up right now, due to our little dry spell. But we've caught bluegill, minnows, darters, snapping turtles, a softshell turtle, watersnakes, crawdads, leeches, and even a little bullhead catfish in that creek. It's full of critters, so we call it Critter Creek.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Enjoy the moment in time

Nice picture of the family. If that is a real snake my wife would not be in any picture that close to a snake. LOL

Life moves pretty fast, only pictures and memories fill the mind in time. :cheers:

·
Registered
167 Posts
squire your just getting started. Wife and I have been married over 47 years now. Only had one fight and its lasted 47 years! Congrats and many manymany more1

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ted,

That's what I like to hear! (The years, that is. Not the fight :) ) Thanks!

Mike

·
Barebow Recurve Shooter
4,540 Posts
My wife is without doubt the best thing that ever happened to me. Next April 5th will be our 30th anniversary. First and only marriage for both of us.

What ever good qualities I have and accomplishments I've made are due to her influence. My faults are my own but she makes me a better person than I would be without her.

I am a very luck man,
Dave

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Desert Archer,

Blessed you are for having her as your wife, and blessed the rest of us are for having examples like yours and Ted's to look up to.

Mike

·
Registered
100 Posts
I will drink to that. THere is nothing better then being married to your best friend. Been 31 years last February and it does get sweeter every year. Best compliment I every had was when both my sons (at different times) have stated they want what their Dad & I have. Yep...pretty sweet.

·
Registered
9,662 Posts
24 years here......best friend also.....gotta start writing down some of the "one-liners" we exchange.....We laugh a lot.......Her wit has grown noticeably sharper.......self defense I suppose.......Hope when we go we go together......don't really think either could last long without the other now that our roots have so grown together......It's true, that part about two becoming one......

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great to hear such testimonials. I am very blessed and thankful for my family. I have been on other sites where, when the subject of wives comes up, a flood of disrespectful advice follows, and it always saddens me to see it.

I know that other people have had unfortunate experiences. Nevertheless, the relentless flood of cynical and angry advice saddens me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I thought I had the market cornered on marrying your best friend? My wife and I started out as high school sweethearts and haven't looked back. I've been with her since 1983, and married now for 15 years! We have a 12 year-old, baseball sluggin', puck stoppin', polite, nice little boy that we just love to death. Oh yeah, he's smart too! Gotta admit that he got that from my wife. We often sit and think about what life will be like when he's gone off and out of the house. I guess it'll just get back to what brought and kept us together all along...being friends!

Very nice to hear the positive remarks once in awhile about the 'Ol Ball and Chain! 8~)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Esquire,
come December 5th we'd be maried 30 years with no regret, from my side at lest, worst times was when I broke some ribs trough acting daft and Rachel pulled me out of bed to do archery demonstration I'd promised the school kids.
:cheers:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts