Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in early February, I got a hankering for some of them Dryad ACS limbs in the longbow configuration. I had a pair of the bamboo limbs a couple of years ago, and like an idiot sold them. Won't make that mistake again! Anyhow, I called up Mike and expressed the dire need for some of his best. We discussed all the options, costs and such. I then asked the dreaded question, well when can I get them? He said well we are taking orders for April. April!!!!!!!!!!!!! that long? He said yep, we are booked up. I said well OK if you say so.

Well, at the time, snow was on the ground, the wind was howling outside, and I had my old butt firmly planted on the couch by the fire, with a hot cup of coffee in my hand. I thought to myself, hey this won't be bad, it's too danged cold to shoot, the storms are lined up to hit in succession for the foreseeable future, and no big deal. I can wait.

Now fast forward to today. The sun is shining, temps are in the 60's and 70's and the weather is nice outside. I'm beginning to get kind of itchy. I pulled out the DAS today, put on the new grip and shot a few. I looked longingly at the Morrison sitting there with no limbs. Think I'm gonna have to go hit up my Doc for some chill pills. Next week, Tuesday, to be exact, is April 1. Think I'm gonna have to place call and see if I can catch a progress report. I never had much patience. Until then, it's me and the DAS I suppose. Not too bad I guess?
Oh Mike, where art thou??????? LOL!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
I got a pair of the super duper recurves on order. I got a message from Mike the other day, said it would not be long now. They been building another shop and adding another CNC machine.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Matt, That's most gracious of you. I certainly appreciate it. My limbs are lightweights compared to what you shoot. I'm too old for the heavy stuff, and a bum right shoulder too. I ordered the Legend ACS 4G Black limbs in 40 @ 19. They will go on my 15" Morrison wood ILF riser. It's dark brown and black. It ought to make a beautiful bow. I'll have to post pics when I get the limbs and get them mounted. I would liked to have had his best, but I bought some Winex too at the same time for my DAS, and I was terrified that the boss at home would find out, so I settled for one model down.

I'm taking her on a tour of Arizona and Utah for 10 days next month to make amends for my transgressions. Of course I have to go through 3A/3C too in Arizona, where I killed my elk two years ago. I'd like to see that country again. I love your part of the country too, but it's too early for that. Got snowed in at Yellowstone about 3 years ago, and I'm not ready to do that again anytime soon. Didn't have 4WD back then either.

I figure Mike will have them out by mid April or thereabouts, and I have my DAS to occupy my time, when I'm not working, or taking care of the wife's chores around the house.

Rusty, good to know about Mike's remodel. I figure that they are on their way back from Ohio about now, if they didn't drive straight through, so it won't be long now.

I'll make it, but it will be tough going! LOL!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts