Trad Talk Forums banner

The Final Downsizing Sale

5K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  BEAST66 
#1 · (Edited)
This is my final push to complete my downsizing effort, so I'm pricing most of these items to move quickly. Items are for sale only unless you have a Sunset Hill longbow or something incredibly unique for trade. I'm only interested in shipping to CONUS. I have lots of photos of each item listed here.

I am in the midst of a busy travel schedule, so shipping may take longer than the typical couple days or so. I'm happy to advise you of my schedule so you can determine if you want to proceed.

Payment terms: Prices are net to me and include insured shipping to your door through FedEx Ground (express or overnight shipping may be possible at added expense to the buyer). I have a good relationship with the local FedEx folks and they know to code all my archery items as "fragile" in their system (Knock on wood, I've never had an item lost or damaged while using them). I'll accept personal checks or USPS Money Order and will ship after the check's cleared or the MO is cashed. I'll also accept payment via PayPal provided the buyer pays the fees (add 2.9% + $0.30 to the purchase prices listed here).

In ascending price order, here we go…

$250 - Pre-Habu Longbow. This is a one-piece longbow from Chris Cox called the Receptor. I haven't called Chris to verify, but I assume the bowyer is the same Chris Cox of Habu Bows. The handwriting appears to be the same as on my other Habu's. It appears to be nearly new and the build quality is certainly on-par with Chris' work. I picked this up a few months ago and just never got around to shooting it. The specs are 64", 63# @28". Based solely on the serial number (7498), I'm guessing Chris finished this bow on July 4th, 1998. I don't know much about the bow but figure any bow from a craftsman like Chris ought to be worth more than the asking price of this bow.

Wood Flooring Hardwood Rectangle Wood stain

$300 - Custom LongRiver Elk R/D design in good used condition. I don't know much about this bow. I bought it on a whim because it so doggone pretty, but I developed a shoulder issue shortly afterward and never got around to shooting once the shoulder healed. 62", 57# @26½".

Furniture Wood Table Shelving Rectangle

SOLD - Whippen Stick Bull Whip. 67" longbow, 53#@28". The limbs have 4 laminations of bamboo with carbon on the back and black glass on the belly. There's about 3/4 of an inch backset. The riser is Gonçalvo. Shot very little.

Wood Shelving Flooring Fixture Rectangle

SOLD - Massie Longhorn R/D longbow. 68", 55# @31 (48# @28"). Great shooting bow. Well-kept with modest signs of use, mostly on the grip. This is a great deal on a bow that doesn't come up for sale often.

Cabinetry Furniture Table Shelf Shelving

SOLD - Robertson Stykbow Vision Falcon IV. 58" 3-piece Recurve, 60# @28". I don't know much about this bow. I bought it a while back and haven't shot it. It doesn't look like it's been shot much, if at all. Not sure of the woods but it looks to have Juniper limb veneers.

Table Wood Floor Wood stain Flooring

SOLD - Northern Mist American. 68" longbow, 56# @28" with a maple riser and bamboo limbs. It has black glass on the back and olive green on the belly. This bow is in excellent condition. It was built in June 2019 and hasn't been shot much. This bow is a 2 piece takedown bow with 4 laminations of bamboo and tip wedges. This is an $860 bow new.

Wood Flooring Ceiling Hardwood Varnish

$500 - JD Berry Serpentine. I took this bow as a trade a few months ago and it shoots incredibly well. 60", 56# @ 28½". The bow is quiet and, as mentioned, shoots amazingly well. This is one that I may backtrack on selling. James is a friend and one of my favorite bowyers, and people. So if this bow doesn't sell at this price, I'm happy to keep it for the work of art it is. The finish isn't perfect and the bow has been used, but none of the finish imperfections affect performance. There are some light scratches here and there and some slight hazing common to clear glass on the belly side, but all in all, this is a solid bow with the craftsmanship James is known for.

Musical instrument Keyboard Musical keyboard Musical instrument accessory Table

SOLD - Like New Jack Howard Gamemaster Jet, 66", 57# @28". "Last Edition", serial number F-926. This a time capsule find. I see no evidence that the bow's been shot. Charlie Lamb just shipped two new strings to me for this bow, both included (no nock points tied or installed). I've only braced the bow for these photos. I'm not real motivated to sell this bow. I don't know if I could find another in this condition and specs. But I'm listing only because I'm likely to never shoot it. Despite the fact that I own several really nice bows, I've never really subscribed to the "collector" philosophy. Nothing wrong with it if that's your thing, I just believe bows are built to be shot.

I confess, I don't know what the market value of this bow it. So I'll price it at $1,000, and feel like that's a bargain. I can't imagine a bowyer of Jack Howard's skill level building this bow for less than twice that amount. This one is the real deal, and as far as I can tell, new.

Wood Rectangle Floor Clothes hanger Flooring

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.