Trad Talk Forums banner

The final "Da bar"

Tags
da bar final
3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  aroadik 
#1 · (Edited)
Doug aka, bikedog agreed to build me a competition bar, 23" and to top it off he had it ceramicoated. It is everthing i ever wanted in a "modern longbow". He overbuilt the grip so i could custom shape it myself. Teamed up with a set of Dryad LB limbs it shoots beautifully. I believe Doug is not building these anymore so i count myself very lucky A BIG THANKS MATE i owe you a beer.
(Sorry above the oversized pic-new phone)

#6 · (Edited)
Kenn. Its a pity but i don't know.
Rotor. Basic Dryad limbs from Lancaster with stick on wood grain. More than capable with the correct arrow.
Daniel. Absolutely mate. It seems a tad more stable and speed seems the same
What i have noticed is light arrows, which i use 6.5-7gpbp total arrow, need an 8"-8.5" brace height but 8gpbp and heavier, braceheight can drop to 7.5"
Mick. I really am very lucky and art, yes, who would have thought it.
I'm still having trouble with pics on this new phone. I'll keep trying.

Reactions: Rotor
#7 ·
Real nice.

While the riser may seem simplistic, I'm betting a lot of work goes into it.

New phones eh Pete....when I used to have a contract with a mobile company and get an upgrade every 2 years, that's how long it would take me to learn how to use the phone.....then it was a case of learning it all over for the next 2 years.

#15 ·
Pete .. that is one uber stylish bow. Very nice.. and as others have said , sometimes the simplest things can be the most complex.

Reactions: aroadik
#16 ·
Yes Phil, i get a lot of "what the ×××× is that comments"
Today at our club i jagged a centre on the first field target at about 40 meters, the guys waiting all shot lower with compounds and sights etc i sort of rushed off to the next target. ;)

#17 ·
Hey Steve, i am seriously thinking of entering a Trad comp next month where the only rules are, no compounds, no sights, any arrow and one string. Should raise a few eyebrows. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.