Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dark Ninta Clan
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed my arrows flying a little stiff. Have to back the plunger tension back to get them to move to center. Problem is I have to back out my weakest spring all the way out and am barely getting to center. I am shooting 36lbs, 600 goldtip entradas with 100 and tried 125grain tips. My cheetahs fly a bit more to center at 650 spine and 100 grain tip. Just curious as to what you guys shooting the lighter weights are shooting and what grain tips they are getting good tunable flight with. Just need to move em about 2 inches more to the right out at 40yds. Will probably just increase my draw weight a full turn or 2 and see if that helps.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Gio

You are right on the edge of your tune. A good tune was explained to me like a table with the middle being the perfect tune and either edge being still tuned but much easier to fall off of.

You want to get it so that you are tuned at the middle plunger tension and came move either left or right by loosening or tightening your spring tension. When you have fliers you want them evenly distributed around the center not always going to one side or the other. This will give you the most forgiving arrow/tune.

I shoot 45lbs and 500 spine full length arrows and can get good flight with 90-120 grains up front (including insert) depending on the shaft.

Matt

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
three options if you don't want to change the arrows:

1) More preload
2) More brace height
3) Move the plunger to the forward hole

#3 is actually a really good way of tuning a slightly stiff arrow. The Koreans use it frequently these days.

-Grant

Reactions: fisherking73

·
Dark Ninta Clan
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gonna try a few of these things. First gonna see what happens moving the plunger forward just for giggles lol did not know you could do that. Then gonna load her up a few pounds more. Brace height I am at the top end of borders recommended brace height.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.