1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When will we see it?
Thanks
Martin

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Well...Seeing as David will be at my house tomorrow for a weekend shoot in Montana and is bringing me the top secret prototype of the 21" 3-D and hunting riser to play with I guess I will be the first human being outside of Dave's shop to see one. From the rumors and street talk this riser will be something worth waiting for. I can't wait to see how Dave cleverly hid the USB cable port under the grip to keep with the trad look and to keep it weather proof. If will be the world's first trad bow to be able to plug into your laptop on the archery range for a fast download on tuning and a great feature will be the self diagnoses of shooting problems and spine related errors in arrow selection. But I promised him I wouldn't discuss the riser on the internet or talk about all the wild colors available when ordered. With the optioinal adjustable weight kit the bow can be made to balance any way you want or be as heavy in mass weight as you could wish for. With the max weight kit designed with Martin in Germany in mind it comes with the new "how to get biceps like Denny Sturgess" workout tape, that alone will be a big selling feature. Guess I had better stop talking about the riser or Dave will take mine away from me for letting out this classified hot off the press info...lol...warf

·
Registered
448 Posts
Bob,

I hope Dave brings you a lefty or you'll just have to look at it :)

I heard the new riser had magnets or something not sure what they do..maybe levitate the arrow or stabilize the riser against the earths gravitational field.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Bob - LOL well I'm sure glade ya didn't let any of the secerts stuff out.

Since, as always, I am the contrarian, I am gonna hunt Idaho elk this season with my Elite competition bow :) Last year I got an 18 yds shot at a 2 yr old black bear. My hunting buddy told me to shoot him just where I would shoot a hog. I did but a hog don't have winter coat hair hanging down under him. I had small amout of fat on the arrow shaft and 5 bear hairs :). Close shave but no cigar. Later the next week Mike and I were up at another spot and we saw a truely magnificent bear. Got within 30 yds of him but never got a shot. Mike said it was a book bear as big as he had seen (he hunted Washington bear for several years). So after two encounters with bears I am taking a target bow???????? geeze am I dumb :)

rusty

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Lizardbow...I understand the built in magnets are a updated version of the older tinfoil lined ball cap that came with the first DAS risers but the FDA shut that one down pretty early into the trad acceptance programming tapes...warf

·
Registered
448 Posts
Bob-

well if this is the new improved version then hopefully you won't have to rev up the Camaro again to get the vortex going again. Did the grass ever grow back in that spot from last time.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Naa...Grass never grew back in that place but some weird purple mushrooms or something like mushrooms did...lol..Dave sure regrets not giving better instructions to the CNC machinest who works for him. I guess the first hundred risers are done but there was some CNC programming problems and the first hundred risers all came out left handed. Oh well, guess they will still sell or a lot of people will become switch hitters...works for me though...warf

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
we righties will just shoot them off our knuckles :) I knew all that time I spent shooting self bows would come in handle some day.

rusty

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
It's going to make you shoot better than you can shoot, but it would make Howard Hill shoot worse than he could shoot.

I derived and condensed that piece of wisdom on hi-tech bows from elsewhere. Does it mean this is another bow for us mediocre types? What will it do for the sub-mediocre types? And for the champs? Will it shoot backwards for Limbwalker, yet like a sniping rifle for first-timers? If the human factor is eliminated, can we watch mobile TV while winning competitions? Is it too fast to feel with its owner? Is red the right colour? Are foam deer colour-blind and is this the reason they never run away from red fletching? Is the riser man-made? If not, from which planet does David originate? Can the bows there talk? Would Howard have conversed with them? Would they like to become arrows? And what do the arrows themselves have to say about all this? Do they disapprove of skill, just like the bows? Are they both opposed to practice?

Archers returning from their trips to the Deep Space 9 face the grey truth: they still can't shoot a selfbow with a missing string. Bows like the DAS Elite attempt to hide it, but ineptitude eventually becomes apparent to all.

Best, ;)

Martin

·
thumbless stringwalker
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the information. LOL
I will be IMB compatible or have I to buy a Mac?
Thanks
Martin

·
Registered
392 Posts
Well thank God for the price of gas. Surely that will limit how long you can keep that camaro running.

That bald spot on the lawn probably matches the one on my head from the last time I had to wear my tin foil cap. Hair still won't grow back, but no purple mushrooms either.

Have fun with your new toys.

Matt

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Guys,
I've been deliberately quiet about the riser publicly because my email situation is always borderline critical. I want to get information and pictures together first for the website to avoid a flood of emails. I hope to do that in the next couple weeks. Up until now I've been focusing on getting the last details worked out, and the first run of customer bows completed. This riser has been in development for a long time, and I think the homework will make itself apparent. The bow is designed for both unaided and aided competition classes. It will be available with either the DAS limb connection system or the ILF system. It will not use the bracket system of the Master Hunter, but have staggered AMO sight holes for conventional attachments. It will also be available just as a riser or as a complete bow. The complete bows will come with carbon fiber film dipped WinEx limbs. The finish will be glass peened and then anodized a red/black flame pattern. I also have color matched dual poly grips for it. It's pretty stunning looking. Please be patient just a little longer and I'll have info available. I do have a few slots left open for the July run for those who want one soon.

As far as hunting with it, no reason you can't. I'm not planning on offering a hunting version though. The Master Hunter and the Elite are both specifically focused bows for their intended purpose. There are always guys who want to go fourwheeling in a corvette or drag racing in jeeps, but I'll leave that for you guys to play with :).

David

·
thumbless stringwalker
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you very much David!
I have been visiting your site very other day to see the new bow.
Thanks
Martin

PS: I promise not to ask again. LOL

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
I have it on expert authroity that ungulates do not see red but see red as gray. so for deer and elk it is camoed :). good choice of colors

I had a brand new top of the line Tornado, loaded to the gills. Great car. I was out deer hunting and the farm truck was broke. Out in the Tornado I went. I was hunting over a Texas farm pond. That is 2' deep at the middle and 2' of mud under the water all the way across...side to side. That day I shot the nicest buck I have taken to date. He died right in the middle of the pond. Out i went in 2' of mud to get my deer. Fell twice getting him back in. we were both covered from head to toe in thick, black, smelly mud! Threw him in the trunk of my brand new Tornado. I stripped to the jockeys but still had a lot of mud on me. I got to the meat hook washed him down with the hose, washed me down wit the hose. Took the car in to get detialed. They charged me double and asked me not to come back.

So I can indeed turn a silk purse into a sow's ear :)

rusty

1 - 18 of 18 Posts