Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I was asked to make a titanium wedding ring and it kindof morphed into a ring and a complete titanium conversion for a das g2. I just hope that when he is at work and he looks at his ring he remembers his sexy bow waiting for him at home! When I was into cycling I was definitely what you would call a weight weenie..going to great lengths to shave a few grams off of my bike. This is kindof the same. Titanium is a great way to shave a little weight off of a hunting riser or a way to be very specific about where weight is added. For example this kit will go on a g2 with stainless plates and a stab. Putting the weight where you want it. So if you love it put some bling on it! In this kit, limb bolts with custom bezels, thumbscrews, riser weight, das bushings,limb plate bolts, springy nut and ring. Unfortunately , not many of these sets will probably be made because of titaniums high cost and difficulty to machine. For example this kit has about 90$ just in materials.
Font Wood Auto part Service Nut

White Light Postal scale Gadget Font

Audio equipment Font Auto part Metal Household hardware
Wood Fluid Household hardware Rectangle Gas
Hand Eye Cameras & optics Finger Thumb
Hand Finger Wood Thumb Material property
Font Wood Auto part Service Nut

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,550 Posts
what a great set of tooling. !?!?! takes a good looking bow to the next level for sure.

·
Bart Harmeling
3,655 Posts
I really like my Gen 1 because it is light in weight. Wondering what the total weight reduction of your titanium hardware is, and have you thought about making titanium plates? Anyway neat stuff!

·
Spearhead
3,869 Posts
Wow, look at those limb bezels and the thumb screws.
very nice Anton.
How many inserts have you burned through playing with Ti.
That is some serious time and talent right there.

Chad

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
I really like that you remove weight were it was not needed.
Thanks
Remember your shoot the bow and the bow shoots the arrow. Lets not make it more work.
Dan

·
Registered
604 Posts
Yeah Anton did a killer job… these parts are in the hands of usps… but I plan on putting them on my currently stripped Gen2, still need to figure out exact cerakoted pattern/style I wanna go with…the parts are little shiny now, but will dull with time…can’t wait to get it built up.

·
Premium Member
13,550 Posts
Jordan, dark burgundy with some black n gray weaved in, maybe a swirl of green too........

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
As an alternative to Cerakote, I'd consider having the visible surfaces sandblasted to give them a nice matte finish while retaining the natural color of the titanium. Having said that, I don't know now well titanium responds to sandblasting from a hardness standpoint?

Very nice kit, Anton!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts