Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got back from the shoot and as usual the guys from Maryland did an excellent job

Many thought I should not shoot the event due to my just attending the Rod Jenkins Clinic and my reprograming was far from complete

Well..............

I arrived Friday late afternoon and after checking in with John W @ the Trad Tech booth (which by the way was busy all weekend) grabbed Sean from LAS and went out to shoot a course

Now Sean is getting ready for Nationals next week in Texas and has a 68 inch recurve set for string walking and proceeded to light up the course

He shot an awesome round . Mostly 10's, never out of the 8's

Awesome job buddy go get um.

I sucked

I could not put my shots together

I finished up the course, congratulated Sean on a tremendous round and proceeded up to the Pirates for the great company and food

I set up my bed in my truck and sat around the fire with a great bunch of guys

Cozy and DRY

Next morning dawned bright with beautiful weather and I had the pleasure of meeting Chris (Bowhunter In MD) and his son Sebastian and his buddy George

What a great group of guys and Chris and I had many things in common. Wonderful people that I look forward to hanging out with

I shot a round with them and again I just could not put my shots together

Rod was right

Trying to hit things before you are ready is a mistake

For the next round we were joined by my new friend Richard

I had meet Richard at the Jenkins Clinic two weeks prior and he I think could feel my pain

I got thru a second round of bad shooting and new I needed something

I searched out my buddy Yohon (John)

Yohon is a Len C disciple and shoots lights out and knew what I was going thru

I drug him to the practice range and had him watch me

He immediately informed me I was not pulling thru or coming to Conclusion and it all made perfect sense

After a few shots Richard, Reddogge , Mark , Yohon and myself hit the course

Now I'm not gonna say all my evils melted but I am very pleased with the round I shot

With Yohon's coaching I shot a night and day round and was very pleased

We all did

We really lite it up

·
Premium Member
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another great night and lotsa good food and I had a good nights sleep in hotel Hummer

I awoke to another beautiful day and hit the course with Yohon, Mike , Mark and Paul hoping to have a repeat of the night before

Again with Yohon and Mark coaching me I had another really good round

Mike shooting his Titan

Mike shooting the CH

Paul

Me

Yohon pulling thru the clicker

·
Premium Member
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Mark pulling 60#'s thru the clicker

A lot of good shooting

Thanks to this guy that got my wheels back on track I had a good shoot and learned a lot

Thanks Yohon

I have along way to go but I knew these guys would help me get straight and I am very pleased to have decoded on doing the shoot

The Baltimore Bowmen did a fantastic job and I can't wait till next year

Great people, great shoot

For me its back to the bail lotsa work to do but I had a good taste of what's possible and I like it

·
Registered
995 Posts
JP,

I hear ya buddy. My local club had a league shoot so I was kind of obligated. Set the course up Friday, shot a practice run, and shot it horribly. Shots were everywhere. Frustrated to the point I wanted to snap my longbow in half :-D.

Thought better of it, and hit the bale Friday night and Saturday, because I had to shoot the league on Sunday. I worked out a few bugs at the bale and shot much better on Sunday. Not fantastic, but I can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Back to the bale.....

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Joe, thanks for the invite to shoot Sat. I had a great time shooting with you guys and it was one of my best rounds ever. Sorry I missed you Sunday but I was out on the course already.

·
Premium Member
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JP,

I hear ya buddy. My local club had a league shoot so I was kind of obligated. Set the course up Friday, shot a practice run, and shot it horribly. Shots were everywhere. Frustrated to the point I wanted to snap my longbow in half :-D.

Thought better of it, and hit the bale Friday night and Saturday, because I had to shoot the league on Sunday. I worked out a few bugs at the bale and shot much better on Sunday. Not fantastic, but I can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Back to the bale.....
Talk about mind F'd

My first few rounds were not a pretty sight

Yohon turned me around and even if I was in the tens they were yelling at me to keep pulling :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Joe, it was great to meet the guy behind the great videos in person. The few targets I watched you shoot you were sticking them pretty good. Thanks for letting me pull back your baby ( Covert ), It feels 6-7lbs less then its weight. We are always trying to make the shoot better so any Idea's or suggestions let me know. We can not control the weather and I think we lucked out this weekend only lost half a day.

·
Premium Member
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Joe, it was great to meet the guy behind the great videos in person. The few targets I watched you shoot you were sticking them pretty good. Thanks for letting me pull back your baby ( Covert ), It feels 6-7lbs less then its weight. We are always trying to make the shoot better so any Idea's or suggestions let me know. We can not control the weather and I think we lucked out this weekend only lost half a day.
Thank you for all your hard work and I really love the shoot

The food was good the courses were fun and well laid out the people are great

What more can I say

Keep it up :)

I would have brought the camera and videoed more but I really wanted to concentrate on my shooting so next year we will shot so,e of the courses and fun stuff

Thanks again I had a ball

The Covert is a awesome bow and I have not ever seen people react up a bow like they do to this one

I was stopped bunches of times to chat about the bow and I can't believe how many people watched those videos

Really blows my mind :)

The bow is impressive

It feels lighter and hits like a way heavier bow

I have 65 + # limbs that are not as hard hitting as these 55#ers

I would hunt almost anything on the planet up to bovine with this rig and an interceptor Broadhead

I let a lot of people draw it and shoot it and all just grinned and said WOW

People go nuts when the limbs fold out

Here I am drawing a 29 1/4 inch arrow back

Thanks again for a great shoot

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.