Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got some targets from Papa Bull. I opened them up and wow! they were huge!

It utrns out the prairieshack Vegas targets I was printing out on regular 8 1/2" x 11" paper were only half size!

I shot this morning and shot a 119 (the best of my 3 efforts to date, by a couple of points). I'm not a great shot anyway but I was really focused on how tough this business is. Don't get me wrong, I still think it's hard, I'm just glad the target got bigger. :) The entire 5 spot on lte little target I was using becomes the X on my new blue indoor target. Add the 4 and 5 rings together and you have my new center 5 spot!

Add my old 2 and 3 rings together and you have the dimensions for my new 4 ring! And my old 1 ring brings me exactly halfway out on my new 3 ring circle. The other half of the 3, the 2 and the 1 are all gravy - they did not exist on my old targets!

I can't wait to shoot tonight. Now I can see just exactly where I really stand.

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm apparently not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but somehow I don't think a 119 on a half-size target at 20 will translate to a 119 on a full-size one at 40.

There is that exponential magnifier that will be applied to every shooters error. It's the reason I like the long range and also don't expect to do the same as I am now, when I get out there!

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.