Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
beginner ELB shooter
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*blink... blinkblink*

Well that was odd. LOL, I've never had a thread slam shut whilst I was typing before! :p

ANYhow ... I wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone for the aiming discussion and for the descriptions and illustrations to explain gap shooting for me.

We actually had a break in the weather this afternoon - well, okay, it went from rain to off and on light drizzle - so I dashed out to experiment with gap-shooting, now that I know what it is. And you know what?

Today I can mark as a day I actually learnt something. :D If this attachment thingie works, I'm going to post 3 little pictures of the best 20-paces groupings I've ever done - thanks to your good advice, fellas!

Now if I can just keep sneaking out between storms, maybe I can get this gap thing nailed. Trick now is to remember what my gap is! :shooting: But that's why they call it "practice". Thanks again, Trad Guys!
Respectfully and happily yours,

Nevadan
P.S.
EDIT:
Poo, I can't get the photo attachment thing to work, even when I shrunk the image down the size of a postage stamp and about 30kb. Oh well. Suffice to say, for the first time, I shot at least 3 8-inch groups at 20 paces today - out of a whole lot of larger groupings, but it was due to everyone's help here! :)

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Nevadan...20 paces? I remember when you were afraid to shoot those pretty woodies at 15 paces, that's progress, nice going!!...You should have told hubby you wanted a 20 yd heated indoor range behind the house for Christmas, maybe knock out a wall in the bedroom and shoot down the hallway?...lol...Keep shrinking those groups, it's a long winter...warf

·
beginner ELB shooter
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob Gordon said:
Nevadan...20 paces? I remember when you were afraid to shoot those pretty woodies at 15 paces, that's progress, nice going!!...You should have told hubby you wanted a 20 yd heated indoor range behind the house for Christmas, maybe knock out a wall in the bedroom and shoot down the hallway?...lol...Keep shrinking those groups, it's a long winter...warf
Thanks, Warf!

LOL, yup, your memory is spot-on. All it takes is practice, practice, practice. Between storms, now, but what the hey. ;)

LOL, darn, but I did miss out on an indoor range for Christmas, didn't I? :lol: Thanks for the encouragement - I'm over the moon, myself!
Cheers ~

Nevadan

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Nevadan,

Good for you! It feels great when you make a breakthrough doesn't it! Yea, the photo utility has issues. I can't upload images either

1 - 6 of 6 Posts