Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"August 16th and 17th the Smoky Mountain Archers are hosting the NFAA/TAA sanctioned 'State Field Championship.' YOU MUST BE A NFAA/TAA member to shoot for awards. The shoot will be a 'Shotgun Start' at 9am on both days and consist of 14 Field, 14 Hunter and 14 Animal targets. We will also be having a GUEST class for those archers which would like to experience field archry for the first time, or are not NFAA members. You can shoot it all in one day or split it between the two days. Lunch will be available for sale both days. If you plan on attending, or for further information, contact Joe at 865/966-3755 and leave a message with your name and number"

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know there's a number of traditional shooters out there from Tennessee that read this forum. I know ya'll are primarily 3D shooters. Come on out and help us keep Field Archery going in the Volunteer State. Yes, I know, we're lowly field archers but we don't bite, and we're actually a pretty fun group.

We're having a "GUEST" class and it's just $15.00! That's $15.00 for 126 arrows! How you gonna beat a deal like that! You never know, you just might get hooked.

So come on all you Tennessee Tradtalkers (or anyone else!) and come out and try your hand at field archery! What else you gonna do that weekend, mow the lawn? Call the number above,or PM me if you'd like for further info.

Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$15.00 is good value considering the amount of arrows you will get to shoot
That's what I'm say'in; right?

Not only that, let me talk about lunch. Our club has a full kitchen and you never know what our southern ladies are going to come up with, but I guarantee you, it don't come out of no can. It's just $5.00! Here's a teaser. My wife is making her famous BBQ beans, and they don't come out of no can. Peoples always lick the pans clean, she don't even have to wash 'em after(but of course she does).

I guarantee ya'll, this is the only archery tournament ya'll walk away from having gained weight!

So ya'll come! And thank you Mr. Morley, come on over and you can shoot for free, I'll pay your fee! And feed ya!

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
So ya'll come! And thank you Mr. Morley, come on over and you can shoot for free, I'll pay your fee! And feed ya!
.... is that offer open to all foreigners Joe ? ...

Sounds like some folks are in for a great time ..

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
barebow
Jim still shoots all the ASA Pro/AMs he can get a ride to, I believe he shot all but one so far this year. He's a fixture at our club, and truly one-of-a-kind. "JIM" stories would fill ten pages of this forum, and that's probably not enough!

Phil
Why sure! Come on over, not only that but I believe the Highland Games are being held in Gatlinburg next month. Bring your kilt! You might want to brush up on our southern dialect though, we don't speak the "king's english".

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Joe
If circumstances would allow it, I'd be there like a shot. Unfortunately ... it's not to be.

Have a great shoot Joe ... perhaps next year

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pete, Phil,and Steve
We got stuff going on all year long, so anytime you make it over we'll be here for 'ya.

For instance, every fall our club sponsors a deer camp for two weeks in October at our "happy hunt'in grounds" Anyone is welcome to come for a day or two or the whole time. There's deer, turkey, wild hogs, and this year we're in the bear zone, so things could get intrest'in. You don't need any camping gear, we got stuff all set up for 'ya. We got plenty of extra gear, just bring your archery kit.

We'll even help you ferners out with tags

Now, I know some of you guys can't hunt over there, so I'm gonna tell what it's like. It's sorta like 3D, only the animals ain't made out of foam, and they don't really stand around much like 3D targets, and if'n you find yerself in the wrong place at the wrong time, a couple of 'em can get real nasty.

Also , they kinda got the advantage of ya, they know where they're comin from; where they're goin to, they know how long it's gonna take 'em to get there, and when they're com'in back. They know where and when they're gonna eat and what they're gonna eat that day, and they know when and where they're gonna sleep. And for the most part, you don't.

BUT, sometimes YOU DO. And that's when luck, skill, you, the animal all intersect at the same place, at the same point in time. Then it comes down to you mak'in a good shot, or not.

That's kinda what hunt'in is. So if ya think ya want to give it a try, come on over! We'll be wait'in on ya'll.

Take care fellas, thanks for the bumps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.