Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,459 Posts
Good limbs and good company Sam but in reality, the limbs are no better or worse than any of the top draw options. They suit some people and not others. My experience has been all good though so far. Very smooth to draw, stiff but not too stiff to be forgiving and seem very consistent. They shoot good groups and tune quite easily, but again, others may have different findings. They look good on a gunmetal Zenit too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,662 Posts
They're not as good as Border.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................;)

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Bowcephalus,

Would you please post your data that led to the statement above. I sure don't remember selling you limbs to test so you must have purchased them on the used market. What models have you compared?

LOL

Mike

·
Registered
9,662 Posts
Bowcephalus,

Would you please post your data that led to the statement above. I sure don't remember selling you limbs to test so you must have purchased them on the used market. What models have you compared?

LOL

Mike
"LOL" I thought that was over the top enough for most to know it was a joke. You musta missed the "smiley". I was jerkin' Sam's chain about all of the Border bashing of late. "Sick of hearing about Border", "Border Poll" Close the border et al....L M A O When I noticed his thread "Tell me about your Dryad" below "Tell me about your Border...." I couldn't resist.

I'm sure I'd be completely happy with either bow, and have to smile at how some folks get bent out of shape comparing limbs and such. I can't shoot well enough to tell the difference on my target paper.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
LOL, Mike is my best friend. I sure don't want to bring any rash of trouble down on him cause I like his limbs. :).

Mike finally got tired of hearing me whine for an ilf longbow limb. He and Jason finally went to work and produced my favorite hunting limb ever. The glass/bamboo epic long bow limb. On the right riser it is by far the most limb for your $$$ to put meat in the freezer.

Then a long came the ACS series. If you shoot longbow limbs on an ilf riser, you need to try these. Extraordinary!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have a few pairs of dryads and they are great limbs and in my dealings with them they also seem to be really good people. I am now waiting on an order now for a batch of kids bows for my growing flock. Can't wait.

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
I have had Mikes products before and they are top notch.....my last longbow was awesome and I couldn't pry it out of Rob Ingrams hands so I just gave it to him.....yup a 1000+ dollar bow..but you can't replace the look on his face with money.

He is so over the top happy with that bow (so was I too btw) but I just had to let him have it.

Service is also one of the best I have seen.....Mike has helped me out a few times through some shady deals that I got caught up in too.

Thanks Mike..Jer

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"LOL" I thought that was over the top enough for most to know it was a joke. You musta missed the "smiley". I was jerkin' Sam's chain about all of the Border bashing of late. "Sick of hearing about Border", "Border Poll" Close the border et al....L M A O When I noticed his thread "Tell me about your Dryad" below "Tell me about your Border...." I couldn't resist.

I'm sure I'd be completely happy with either bow, and have to smile at how some folks get bent out of shape comparing limbs and such. I can't shoot well enough to tell the difference on my target paper.
I knew that and thought it was in good taste,,Mike doe's not know how we raze each other,,,:cheers:

·
finger shooter
3,439 Posts
I picked up a set of ACS 4G limbs about a year ago on the trading blanket here. They immediately impressed me and became my go to hunting limb. I tolled around with getting a set of the ACS RC limbs, and shied away from them as they were big hooks.... and we all know how much I love them (LOL). However, saw a deal on a set used, and decided it was worth trying, I shot them and absolutely loved them. Easy to tune, and loved the feel and they didn't sound like a 12 gauge going off. Then I ordered the ACS CG limbs after hearing everyone say how much better they were than the 4g's that I loved. WOW... they were right. Best ILF LB limb I have ever shot. FAST, quiet and forgiving, unbelievable performance that is only outdone by the SUPERIOR customer service that Dryad has. I have recently picked up a Dryad Epic riser used, funny how just as I was going to call Mike to order one, this one popped on the trading blanket. Fit and finish are very good, just haven't had the opportunity to shoot with it yet. I would but I have a house full of south Texans here visiting for a couple of weeks. Gotta love in-laws. :)

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
I picked up a set of ACS 4G limbs about a year ago on the trading blanket here. They immediately impressed me and became my go to hunting limb. I tolled around with getting a set of the ACS RC limbs, and shied away from them as they were big hooks.... and we all know how much I love them (LOL). However, saw a deal on a set used, and decided it was worth trying, I shot them and absolutely loved them. Easy to tune, and loved the feel and they didn't sound like a 12 gauge going off. Then I ordered the ACS CG limbs after hearing everyone say how much better they were than the 4g's that I loved. WOW... they were right. Best ILF LB limb I have ever shot. FAST, quiet and forgiving, unbelievable performance that is only outdone by the SUPERIOR customer service that Dryad has. I have recently picked up a Dryad Epic riser used, funny how just as I was going to call Mike to order one, this one popped on the trading blanket. Fit and finish are very good, just haven't had the opportunity to shoot with it yet. I would but I have a house full of south Texans here visiting for a couple of weeks. Gotta love in-laws. :)
Turn about from your laws. We'll meet you down south a go pig hunting.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have a set of the ACS longbow limbs. Without a doubt, these are the finest limbs that I have ever owned. I've tried just about every limb out there, except the most expensive top of the line limbs, but I don't see how they could be better. I bought these limbs from Mike just for 3D shooting. They are only 40 pounds, and about 38 at my draw length. I paired them with a 15" slim wood riser from Bob Morrison. The string that Mike supplied was a 12 strand Flemish twist. That bow is absolutely amazing. It is dead quiet, and rock solid at the shot. It's fast too, even with 11/32 wood arrows and 125 grain tips. When I shoot my lightweight carbons out of it, I have to be careful not to shoot over the target.

To be honest, I was very skeptical about all the hype associated with these limbs, and figured that some of the accolades were coming from Mike's buddies. Boy was I wrong! If I ever decide to buy more, they will be Dryads. And no, I'm not on his payroll either! LOL!

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
No experience with Dryad's recurve offerings but I am very pleased with the 2 sets of ACS-CG longbow limbs. Currently use them on a 17" Dryad Epeic riser for a 62" hunting bow. A 19" might be in the future...

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have two sets #1 ACS 4G longbow #2 rc blems they are my 2 fastest limbs to date. The blems beating out the longbow by about 10-15 fps

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.