Trad Talk Forums banner

TAHDAAAHH! Bob Lee's Final Assy. (Pix)

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  everwood 
#1 ·
yep...it's true...i finally bolted the 62"/42# limbs back on Mr. Lee with a fresh set of limb pad gaskets and the upgraded teflon coated alum. bolt bushings..but not before i mounted up a new shelf pad and strikeplate which i'm real proud of..mainly?..cause i had no idea what i was going to use..alls i knew?..was whatever it was?..wouldn't be any sort of permanent super glue....remember this mess i made over a year ago and struggled stripping off?...

so..in search for some suitable rest materials?..i thought about using some brown suede leather i had but looking through my old archery tackle box?..i stumbled upon this small piece of white matting that was given to me by one Mr. Jack Fischer in 1985..and he told me.."don't loose it...it's hard to come by"..and what it is is the old white polyester microfiber hair matting dept. stores used to use on their shelves..for sliding heavy objects across without damaging them...extremely slick...extremely durable and according to Jack?..the best stuff known to man for making a shelf plate out of..so i took my time..drew some lines...trimmed it out...and mounted it using red 3M "OEM Tape"..and for a strikeplate?..i wanted to keep that as tight to the riser as possible..so i cut out a 1/2 moon piece of stickyback velcro an here's how it came out..

and the grip mod?..it almost felt weird to me on the first pull as i haven't shot it in a couple months now but once to anchor?..it settled right into my hand and pointed so naturally?..that at 10yds?..1st round outta the hole?...4 fletched and 2 bare wound up in a silver dollar sized group and here he is in the woods where he belongs for his photo op! LOL!

I'm very tickled with myself that i took this on and extremely pleased the way it turned out..thanks for looking and all the help ya'll have given me along the way. :)

Happy Giving Thanks and L8R, Bill.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.