Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
markliep
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beater shoulder meant that I replaced my 40# boo LB limbs with some hex5H limbs ... 26#: I had initially predicted 29# with limbs bolts 1/4 out & then with my 31" DL around 35# OTF but had read that hex speed meant that these might come in relatively higher so I reckoned it was worth trying this weight for hunting/stumping & going to my CVS limbs if things didn't play out.

Things worked out differently to what I expected:
1. At full 31" DL the limbs weighed in at 30#
2. Gap marks on my riser were identical to the 40# LB limbs
3. Penetration into target was identical to 40# LB limbs
4. POI for the 40# LB limbs oly anchor split 9gpp was 65m & for the hex5h oly anchor 3under 10gpp was ...85m (yup that is correct)
5. Did a POI test today with hunting weight arrow at 17gpp & got a 50m POI

Looks like a 30# DW hex = a 40# DW LB to me; how do I explain this to the game officer if he checks my bow?

Thx - M.

Pics below show 50m test + last one for fun showing turkey vulture checking out turkey decoys as potential nutrition...

·
Banned
548 Posts
"Bows must have a draw weight of at least 18 kilograms (39.7 lb.) at a draw length of 700 mm ( 27.6 in.) or less"

What's to explain really, other than how to spell your name one the citation?

·
Banned
548 Posts
Interesting. So you are saying there is no official differentiation between bow styles? Do they include compound in the same category?
That's a very impressive advert for Hex performance tho.
Applies to compound, recurve, and longbow.

Moose, elk, and black bear requires a minimum of 48.5 lbs at the same draw length.

Ontario regs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts