Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about a pair of super recurve limbs for my wf19 riser. As the limb pad angel of wf19 is smaller than most ilf risers, I wonder which size limb will be fit my draw length(26.5"). Is there anyone has similar experience? Thanks.

·
Registered
627 Posts
ordered my Morrison Max 6 medium be # reach for my 26" DL on a 25" target riser

From day 1, shoot under 7 GPP arrows, no issues at all

For the limb pad angle, I think u can ask Brandon @ Morrison for any doubts

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
I love my WF 19 riser and paired it with a set of Border CV limbs to make a nice shooter

I did not care for my hex SR limbs on the WF. Don't get me wrong it was a nice shooting rig but in retrospect the limbs did not brace in my opinion optimally

So my advice when pairing SR limbs with a WF is to try before you buy or buy from a company that you can return the limbs if not satisfied

I know with Border you can return minus shipping if you are not pleased

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love my WF 19 riser and paired it with a set of Border CV limbs to make a nice shooter

I did not care for my hex SR limbs on the WF. Don't get me wrong it was a nice shooting rig but in retrospect the limbs did not brace in my opinion optimally

So my advice when pairing SR limbs with a WF is to try before you buy or buy from a company that you can return the limbs if not satisfied

I know with Border you can return minus shipping if you are not pleased

Joe, Thank you. Actually, your video is kind of why I try to pairing SR limbs with a WF-19 riser.:D I have already contacted with Sid, he wouldn't recommend using WF-19 riser because of the low brace height. I'll contact with Brandon too, see if he has any advice. I think I may buy a pair of used SR limbs to try first. If It goes well, I can order a new pair more fit to my hunting setup. If not, I can sell it again, won't lose much money.

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
Joe, Thank you. Actually, your video is kind of why I try to pairing SR limbs with a WF-19 riser.:D I have already contacted with Sid, he wouldn't recommend using WF-19 riser because of the low brace height. I'll contact with Brandon too, see if he has any advice. I think I may buy a pair of used SR limbs to try first. If It goes well, I can order a new pair more fit to my hunting setup. If not, I can sell it again, won't lose much money.
Glad I could help

Great riser and great limbs the angles are just a tad off to combine them

Borders newer CV limb might be a better match

Good idea to try used but I believe any of the SR limb makers out there these days allow returns

Good luck and happy shooting

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Super low brace height with SR limbs. Why?
Dan
According to Sid, the Super Recurve usually need a lower brace height than normal recurve limbs, and the WF-19 is less deflex than most ILF risers, which means much lower BH. So combine WF-19 with SR limbs may cause very low BH. If I understood correctly.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Aren't the CV closer to the Hex5 than the later gen Hex limbs?

I've got a set of long hex 5's on my wf19 and they're great. With a mountain muffler string it's nearly perfect, just wish I had something a bit stouter.

Sat in Philly now waiting for a plane tomorrow morning so I can't check, but if I remember right my brace height is 7-1/4" for this setup.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
The new CV9 are better suited to the Tempest. Mine are mediums and the deflex is 2.25" without the grip. So I can shoot it a bit higher in brace height and not change the limb preload.
Dan

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Aren't the CV closer to the Hex5 than the later gen Hex limbs?

I've got a set of long hex 5's on my wf19 and they're great. With a mountain muffler string it's nearly perfect, just wish I had something a bit stouter.

Sat in Philly now waiting for a plane tomorrow morning so I can't check, but if I remember right my brace height is 7-1/4" for this setup.
The graphs I have indicates it's letoff is zero at my draw.
Dan

·
Mike
45 Posts
Should be able to get a reasonably priced set of short Uukha VX1000s in your preferred poundage. I also have a 26.5 inch draw length and love those short VXs.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
For my money it would be Uukha or Morrison.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If it was me I would go with Uukha or Morrison. I had a lot of failures on Border limbs during the warranty period
but they did make good on all of them.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Can't comment on Border or Uukha... never owned or even shot them. Very happy with my Morrison Max 6 limbs, but they are on a Titan II riser rather than a Warf. As others have said, I'm sure that Brandon will give you good advice regarding Warfs and Max 6 limbs.

·
Premium Member
12,274 Posts
John, you mention warf, maybe you got that from WF-19 designation? but, he's actually considering super curves and a CD-WF19 riser, unless I'm on the wrong track -it happens!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts