Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I have a set of Uuhka vx1000 limbs headed my way and I trying to decide what riser. I want a 19 and am leaning toward a Das riser (yes I know I will have to convert the limbs no biggie) but, also have the Phoenix and Tradtech on the list. I can’t shoot the so which would you pick and why? This is a hunting bow FYI.

Jake

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also super excited to try out a super recurve limb. These are 42 on a 25 inch riser so guessing about 48 on a 19. How much spine will I need any got a ballpark? this is my first set of limbs like this.

·
Trad is for stumpin
196 Posts
LLA = Lateral Limb Alignment. Most ILF risers have this feature.

·
Bart Harmeling
3,414 Posts
I want a 19 and am leaning toward a Das riser (yes I know I will have to convert the limbs no biggie)

Jake
You must be looking at the Tribute then. That's what I'm shooting with Uukha limbs. The Tribute is very well thought out. It has a good off the shelf system, but is set up for whatever type of rest you want. Plenty of clearance. It has a very robust LLA (lateral limb adjustment), and a superior limb bolt system. You can use the integrated weight system or leave it as is. For hunting the only issue is the limb bolt caps are bright and shiny. They would need to be taped.

I've never used LLA in my life. Just glad it is well designed and will stay in place.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Very happy with my Titan II riser. Very clean lines, limb pockets, and absence of stuff sticking out in every direction keeps it from snagging brush and collecting dust, twigs, needles, etc. while hunting. With my Max 6 limbs, it makes a very quiet, efficient, well-balanced hunting bow that's a joy to carry and shoot.

·
Registered
201 Posts
You could have gone with the Uukha Irbis limbs. It's the Nature version (for hunting) of the Vx1000 and is rated for 19" risers, so you won't have to calculate change in draw weight (I know it's not hard to do). And it is cheaper than the Vx1000 (because of very small logo?).

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
If you are patient you can normally pick up great deals on 2nd hand Titan II... there's just more of them out there. The Phoenix is lighter than the Titan II, but I preferred the Titan II since I could get the grip I wanted, and I liked the slightly extra mass. Onselling Phoenix is slightly harder due to lower demand, whereas Titan II are easily tradeable if you don't like them.

I have a 21" DAS Dalaa but use ILF plates - it's a "do everything" size.

I'm also one of the camp that don't like the Tribute (I owned one from the original run) - it was heavier than I liked, and the grip options were very limited and didn't work for my hand. If you wanted to spend that much, you might as well get the Border Tempest in 19" which I have also and really like - great barebow balance.

So I'd go:
1. Titan II first and sell it off if you don't like it. I run a short stab on mine to tune the balance.
2. Border Tempest 19" if you have the $$ ... basically I think they're almost double the price of a Titan II, even 2nd hand prices.

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
If you are patient you can normally pick up great deals on 2nd hand Titan II... there's just more of them out there. The Phoenix is lighter than the Titan II, but I preferred the Titan II since I could get the grip I wanted, and I liked the slightly extra mass. Onselling Phoenix is slightly harder due to lower demand, whereas Titan II are easily tradeable if you don't like them.

I have a 21" DAS Dalaa but use ILF plates - it's a "do everything" size.

I'm also one of the camp that don't like the Tribute (I owned one from the original run) - it was heavier than I liked, and the grip options were very limited and didn't work for my hand. If you wanted to spend that much, you might as well get the Border Tempest in 19" which I have also and really like - great barebow balance.

So I'd go:
1. Titan II first and sell it off if you don't like it. I run a short stab on mine to tune the balance.
2. Border Tempest 19" if you have the $$ ... basically I think they're almost double the price of a Titan II, even 2nd hand prices.
I'm with his suggestions

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
The Titan II is 17" right? Jake said he said he wants a 19".

I like DAS bows but any of the three you mentioned should be good for you. You didn't mention if you have to have a metal riser so if you're open to wood you may want to consider the White Feather Lark in 19". For $182 from Alternative it may be something you'd like.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Titan III would put you at 19". I agree the Lark is a really good riser that would run you less than half the cost of a DAS, Morrison or TradTech. As long as you don't mind ugly, warm wood....

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Sorry I just realized... Yes I actually meant Titan III which is 19" :) got myself confused on the numbering.

I've owned the 17" Titan II but I preferred the sight window of the Titan III 19"

Now if you wanted a 17", the answer is Titan II!

·
Premium Member
12,274 Posts
my favofite 19" riser is a Hoyt Tracker warf.
they are kind of scarce but they do show up from time to time on various ad sites.
Mine is currently ILF, and I think I have another snagged that I want to convert to DAS.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
I'm very pleased with my 19" Gillo Ghost riser. Top quality Gillo product with an excellent selection of factory and aftermarket grips available.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts