Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get a ILF riser for hunting and 3D, pretty sure I would like a 19”. I currently own some TT blackmax medium 45# limbs, from my limited knowledge with ILF this would make a 62” bow at around [email protected]
I gap, normally off a fixed crawl and like to shoot off the shelf but want to be able to make fine adjustments. I know there is some kind of off the shelf rest but don’t know what’s it’s called, accutune?

I thought about the Hoyt Satori but there are so many options and don’t really want to spend more money then needed if it’s just for a name brand.

I appreciate any suggestions! I’m considering selling my Old Mountain Mesa to fund the riser so looking in the 250-300 range.

·
Registered
659 Posts
The 19" F261 (can get it on Alibaba cheap if you're prepared to wait a while for shipping) AKA JC's Optimus 1 or Lancaster Archery's Exe Scream. Machined 7075 aluminium (high end aerospace alu), very fine LLA, and the most open sight picture I've had on a bow. Fit and finish top class and all the bushings for adding weights where you want it. Love mine.

Sculpture Grass Shrub Groundcover Art

·
Registered
58 Posts
Recently picked up the Farmington Atlas and find it to be a very nice riser, especially for a first ILF. Smooth lines, nicely machined, and a great feeling grip (individual preference of course). Picked it up from an Ebay seller, brand new but open box for 210 shipped.

Same limbs as yours but longs to make a 64" bow. 48lbs otf with the bolts turned down about 3/4 of the way in. Very smooth, no stack at close to 30" draw.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Recently picked up the Farmington Atlas and find it to be a very nice riser, especially for a first ILF. Smooth lines, nicely machined, and a great feeling grip (individual preference of course). Picked it up from an Ebay seller, brand new but open box for 210 shipped.

Same limbs as yours but longs to make a 64" bow. 48lbs otf with the bolts turned down about 3/4 of the way in. Very smooth, no stack at close to 30" draw.
It looks nice. What does it weigh and what weight bushings does it have? Mounts for bow quiver?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Lots of adjustments and features on the Farmington. Lateral limb adjustment, Front and rear View attachment 36473 stabilizer inserts. Two Berger holes. Threaded quiver mounting holes. Not shown is the weight pockets for brass weights (upper and lower)
Cool. F261 has no Berger holes, but unlike the Atlas has the bushings for side weights (few use them anyway). Otherwise quite similar.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Or if you want a satori but not the price get the TBOW satori. It's literally the same thing without the Hoyt badge that costs you 300 bucks
No, it's not "literally" the same riser. The TAOW is a Chinese CAST copy of the MACHINED, made in the USA, Hoyt Satori.

Other than that, it's a fine riser and well worth what they cost--around $130.00. I have a friend that just ordered one from a U.S. seller on ebay. He got it in 3 days and is thrilled with it.

·
Registered
659 Posts
No, it's not "literally" the same riser. The TAOW is a Chinese CAST copy of the MACHINED, made in the USA, Hoyt Satori.

Other than that, it's a fine riser and well worth what they cost--around $130.00. I have a friend that just ordered one from a U.S. seller on ebay. He got it in 3 days and is thrilled with it.
Is it cast mag alloy? Should be quite a different weight, and if not machined it may be quieter than the Satori. A local seller says that riser flies off the shelves, has to reorder often. Folk seem happy. Personally prefer machined, feels better, but may also try one.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
No, it's cast aluminum. Here is the quote from the website:

"...die-casted with CNC mold, using 7075 high-strength aluminum alloy, ..."

·
Registered
797 Posts

It’s not the same riser, I have both. I had shot a TBow then bought one online for well under 200.00, the riser alone can be had for about 120.00 on e-bay now.
I didn’t want to pay 500.00 for a Satori riser just to sell it for a loss because I didn’t like it. So I shot the TBow for about six months and really liked the riser. After investigating the Satori riser for quite some time to make sure I wasn’t just paying for the same thing with a “Hoyt badge” I ended up buying a Hoyt Satori riser. The pics may look similar but setting side by side the difference is easy to see. Basically, the TBow (what everyone calls it) is a cast copy of the machined aluminum Satori. My new Satori had “Made In America“ machined into the riser
Like Jim Cast Jr said for less than 130.00 it’s a great deal, or like I did, buy one, try it, if you like it you can buy a Satori with confidence.
As to my 19” Satori I couldn’t be happier. I have long 40# Black Max 2.0 glass wood limbs for fun shooting and long 45# Black Max 2.0 carbon and wood limbs for hunting. I did replace the grip with a Jager Pinnical low wrist and use a NAP Center Rest Flipper rest. For me the Satori was well worth the money.

·
Registered
797 Posts
No, it's cast aluminum. Here is the quote from the website:

"...die-casted with CNC mold, using 7075 high-strength aluminum alloy, ..."
I’m not sure the description is accurate, casting 7075 aluminum would have a lot of issues cooling down. But I have seen that posted in their description.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts