Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Fair Chase!
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the local woods for a couple hours today with my youngest son Eirik, and our apprentice Hungarian Viszla Odin.
Eirik is toting his 30# Samick Sage, hitting everything he looks at despite his somewhat stiff 600 arras!
The ol man enjoys his Scottish HEX7 hooks at about 40#.

Moments were cherished and stumps killed while Odin is getting more confident in his search every trip we have - life don’t get much better!
Cheers, Thorsten

Attachments

·
Fair Chase!
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank ya’all for the kind words, I feel truly privileged that the boys still join me on my adventures.
In this X-box age they still appreciate learning basic bush craft.

They pick up the bow twice a month, and shoot with amazing ease and precision. Guess they simply shoot truly instinctive where dad tends to over analyze.....

Cheers, Thorsten

·
Registered
238 Posts
I too am wondering where all the snow is. Figured Norway would be inundated with the white stuff by this time. Wish the weather here was as nice.

Looks as though you had a good time. Enjoy the children. They grow up way too fast.

·
Fair Chase!
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Time with the kids is indeed precious and flies by way too fast, trying to embrace every opportunity.

Norway is stretched far north-south with climate zones accordingly diverse. Down here on the southern coast winter is mostly between 20-40F and snow mostly limited to a few inches which don’t last long.

No more than an hour drive inland the average drops to 10F and the snow accumulates to 3plus feet!

Happy New Year, may your arras fly true!

·
Fair Chase!
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Stumping with my boys continued

Took to the woods for some hours again today, this time with my oldest son Sondre. He's 14 and shoots his 35# Samick Leopard II with ease and accuracy.

First stump of the day, this was what I got for challenging him to hit my arrow - half my flu-flus fletching judoed off!
Rugged terrain, as good as untouched by humans.

Hope y'all are ok with me sharing these little reports from our adventures?

Cheers, and may you all get a good start to 2018, Thorsten

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hit the local woods for a couple hours today with my youngest son Eirik, and our apprentice Hungarian Viszla Odin.
Eirik is toting his 30# Samick Sage, hitting everything he looks at despite his somewhat stiff 600 arras!
The ol man enjoys his Scottish HEX7 hooks at about 40#.

Moments were cherished and stumps killed while Odin is getting more confident in his search every trip we have - life don't get much better!
Cheers, Thorsten
'
Very envious!

There is no place near me to go stumping.

Besides, right now, the wind chill factor is -25 Below!

(Odin seem "very excited" about being out in the woods.):rolleyes:

·
Fair Chase!
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, it is truly pure therapy to have available stumping grounds 5 min away.

And to Odin ‘s excitement, guess he’s just a man with no filters..... LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts