Trad Talk Forums banner

Struck down by a nasty virus

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Hank D Thoreau 
#1 ·
The last 10 days myself and my young boys have been hit by a virus and bad chest infection, been taking it easy and shot some arrows for the first time yesterday for around 10min (I had to wind the bow right down) and walked these course this morning placing some targets and checking the condition of stakes and targets, it was lucky I did most of the heavy Tree cutting a couple of weeks ago because this morning when I got back from just walking around the course it had sucked the energy right out of me.

Will be fun shooting on Sunday it's first outdoor tourney of the year, lets hope I have some more energy by then.

#5 ·
Thursday was the worst, Paaren hit 40C 3-4 times during the night and came close whether we took him to Hospital or not, it's harder when we're all sick. This is the second time the kids have been sick this month, meaning one of them has been sick then week later other one picks it up. It's been a tough month because at least one of us has been sick during the last 3 weeks, you just feel like it never ends.

#6 ·
Take it easy and get better Steve.

Alan

#7 ·
Spring is coming Steve. Things will get better.

#10 ·
Hot tea made of mostly honey and ceyenne pepper will sweat alot of things outta the system too.

Hope you all recover soon.....I hate being sick and am along with about 75% of the population here as we transition to summer here...lots of sand storms and those aren't good for the lungs ever.

Jer

#14 ·
I shot the Animal round yesterday, it was a cold windy day, just walking round the course putting target faces out wore me out.

Score was one of my lowest Recurve scores 486, even not feeling 100% I thought I should at least have been able to hit 500 so I was a little disappointed. When the shoot was over and I had put everything away I went to bed at 7pm and slept 12 straight hours.:crymeariv

Always next time :shooting:

#15 ·
Steve, I went through the virus thing, for months. The virus was the final straw after I hit the wall and lost my strength this past year. I had to quit shooting completely because I could not carry my bow, let alone shoot it. The upside is that carrying my lighter longbow for a Wounded Warrior 3D event gave me the idea of competing in longbow this year. I am looking forward to the new challenge.

Good luck, and get well. You don't have to force it. The hardest thing I did last year was walk off the field after 21 arrows at our State FITA Outdoor championship. There are folks here that can tell you how often I gutted out blood sugar crashes and never gave up during a tournament. I just could not keep doing it. I visited friends on the shooting line of two other FITA's I normally shoot, knowing that I was not strong enough to shoot my bow. That was really tough. It felt like a wasted year, but it changed the way I looked at the sport. I think I needed better balance in my life and now I am getting it. More climbing and kayaking this year. And maybe I will get serious with the boomerangs again. I kind of gave up throwing the rangs when I took up archery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.