Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a member a short time here, and have enjoyed reading very much. I recognize some names from the old days, and it's nice to see.

Back in the day, I use to stringwalk, particularly back in my barebow days. Since I've been a member of this forum, I've read a number of interesting thrreads where people have spent a great deal of time and expertise setting up their kits to stringwalk.

The reason I say this is, none of the organizations whose "games" I play allow this. Neither NFAA, or ASA. I haven't shot an Ibo tournament since the early days, so I looked up their rules and their "traditional" class, doesn't allow it either.

I guess my question is: Under what organizations auspices are all ya'll shooting, in which stringwalking is allowed?

I know in FITA field it's allowed, there's no where around here that I know of where they shoot this game. Is that what ya'll are shooting?

I guess I just don't want to feel left out(ha!) Or maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nfaa- barebow class, ibo ru class
Thanks lamb

I know the barebow class, use to shoot it. Are you saying that ya'll are shooting recurves in barebow class? Makes sense then. You don't see that around here.

I don't know what "RU" class is. Is that a separate division within the "traditional" class? Don't see that around here either.

Anyway, thanks
Joe

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I shoot my recurve in NFAA Barebow.
Thanks
I'm beginning to see what everyone is doing. You just don't see anybody doing any thing like that around here. Oh and yes, forgot about IFAA, not a "player" around here either.

I guess what is obvious to all, is not obvious to some. thanks everyone.

Joe

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,511 Posts

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Is NFAA Barebow for compounds really?
They don't differentiate. Also you can run any stabs you want and a clicker.
Not exactly "bare".

-Grant

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
I know Jason, like Unaided is still aided. Sometimes I'm not sure who how or where the classes get thought up, I just wish they were a tad more standardized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Jon,

Looking at the current IBO classes, the name "Recurve Unaided" seems a bit out of place. When it first started back in the 80s, there were two recurve classes. Recurve Aided allowed sights, and Recurve Unaided excluded them. Eventually Recurve Aided dwindled to the point where it was eliminated, leaving just Recurve Unaided. Of course, with the addition of the IBO traditional shoots and new classes, it looks like a bit of a misnomer. – Recurve Unaided allowing more equipment than Recurve. Regardless, I’m just glad there’s an organization with a shooting class for everyone, especially us heretics.

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
Jon,

Looking at the current IBO classes, the name "Recurve Unaided" seems a bit out of place. When it first started back in the 80s, there were two recurve classes. Recurve Aided allowed sights, and Recurve Unaided excluded them. Eventually Recurve Aided dwindled to the point where it was eliminated, leaving just Recurve Unaided. Of course, with the addition of the IBO traditional shoots and new classes, it looks like a bit of a misnomer. - Recurve Unaided allowing more equipment than Recurve. Regardless, I'm just glad there's an organization with a shooting class for everyone, especially us heretics.
I agree with that Jason, it's a great class to shoot in. Maybe renaming it Barebow would make more sense though. I'm a believer in setting the regs for the bow then letting the archer shoot it any way he chooses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
It seems that almost all of the people actively engaged in Barebow archery would prefer if all the organizations just followed one set of rule and the vast majority also seem to like the WA BB rules.

Sure would be nice to shoot NFAA, WA and IBO without changing a thing and still be competitive.

-Grant

Reactions: Jon Lewis
1 - 18 of 18 Posts